Jaguar crashes into house in Muswell Hill
A CAR which collided into tree almost destroyed a house in Muswell Hill. The driver of a jaguar saloon, a 53-year-old man, was trapped inside the car and had to be cut out by emergency services, on Wednesday at around 6.30pm, The accident, which occurred
A CAR which collided into tree almost destroyed a house in Muswell Hill.
The driver of a jaguar saloon, a 53-year-old man, was trapped inside the car and had to be cut out by emergency services, on Wednesday at around 6.30pm,
The accident, which occurred on the corner of Church Crescent and Muswell Hill Road, reduced a wall to rubble and damaged the tree and lamp post.
Police, ambulance and fire services all attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman from the police said: "The driver was taken to the Whittington hospital. Police assisted with road closures and informed the council of a lamp post that was also damaged in the collision."
Vanessa Wiley was working at a colleague's house in Church Crescent at the time.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
"I heard a huge crash," she said. "It sounded like something was being demolished. It was really loud.
"I saw lots of commotion outside and when I tried to drive out, the road was blocked with a fire engine.
"The next day I saw the wall was completely gone. There was a massive hole and what just looked like an imprint of a car."
No arrests have been made.