Is Bend It Like Beckham director’s six-year-old son the art world’s next child prodigy?
- Credit: Archant
A moment usually reserved for those with a lifetime of success behind them has descended on a young boy from Primrose Hill – at the age of six.
Ronak Chadha Berges, son of Bend It Like Beckham director Gurinder Chadha, was invited as a special guest by his old nursery school to showcase his much-talked about work.
Currently painting and sculpting pieces at a level usually only seen among teenagers, Ronak gave a lecture to an audience of two to five-year-olds hoping to inspire them into creating art.
“It’s great to be able to show my artwork to younger children,” he said. “I most enjoy drawing animals because I find them easier than people and because they’re funny. But I also like painting skulls and skeletons.”
The exhibition was organised after his old headteacher at St Mark Square Nursery School, Regent’s Park Road, saw some of his artwork at his home.
You may also want to watch:
“Even at a young age you could tell he was destined for big things,” said Sheema Parsons. “He’s years ahead of his age group in what he produces and we need to make sure our society nurtures that.”
His mother added: “What I love is that, like a true artist, he’s got his own vision for what he wants to produce.”
- 1 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 2 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 3 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 4 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 5 'He was mesmerising': Barney Hoskyns on Prince, five years on
- 6 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Arguments over Heath impact of homes in Jack Straw's Castle car park