Is Bend It Like Beckham director’s six-year-old son the art world’s next child prodigy?
- Credit: Archant
A moment usually reserved for those with a lifetime of success behind them has descended on a young boy from Primrose Hill – at the age of six.
Ronak Chadha Berges, son of Bend It Like Beckham director Gurinder Chadha, was invited as a special guest by his old nursery school to showcase his much-talked about work.
Currently painting and sculpting pieces at a level usually only seen among teenagers, Ronak gave a lecture to an audience of two to five-year-olds hoping to inspire them into creating art.
“It’s great to be able to show my artwork to younger children,” he said. “I most enjoy drawing animals because I find them easier than people and because they’re funny. But I also like painting skulls and skeletons.”
The exhibition was organised after his old headteacher at St Mark Square Nursery School, Regent’s Park Road, saw some of his artwork at his home.
You may also want to watch:
“Even at a young age you could tell he was destined for big things,” said Sheema Parsons. “He’s years ahead of his age group in what he produces and we need to make sure our society nurtures that.”
His mother added: “What I love is that, like a true artist, he’s got his own vision for what he wants to produce.”
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 5 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 9 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 10 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83