Irate passenger explodes in Tube station
An irate Tube passenger hit out at a policeman after becoming frustrated at delays caused by sick commuter. Ambulances rushed to Archway Underground station yesterday evening (Wednesday) after a man suffered a heart attack while travelling home during rus
An irate tube passenger hit out at a policeman after becoming frustrated at delays caused by sick commuter.
Ambulances rushed to Archway Underground station yesterday evening (Wednesday) after a man suffered a heart attack while travelling home during rush hour.
At around 6.30pm the victim was given emergency first aid on the tube which caused all north bound services to be delayed.
But one man seemed to have little sympathy for his fellow passenger.
You may also want to watch:
"He just went mad," said a member of staff at Archway station. "He was shouting and hurling abuse at police and staff, saying he had paid his money and the service was terrible, all the while another poor guy is having a heart attack. Then I think he hit one of the officers and they ended up leading him out in handcuffs."
The sick passenger was then rushed to hospital.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 10 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
Officers returned to the station today to examine the CCTV tapes of the incident.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "A 61-year-old man was arrested for a public order offence and assaulting a police officer at Archway Tube station yesterday, Wednesday 5 November.
"The arrested man was taken into custody for further questioning and bailed to return to a central London police station on Monday 15 December.