Irate passenger explodes in Tube station
An irate Tube passenger hit out at a policeman after becoming frustrated at delays caused by sick commuter. Ambulances rushed to Archway Underground station yesterday evening (Wednesday) after a man suffered a heart attack while travelling home during rus
An irate tube passenger hit out at a policeman after becoming frustrated at delays caused by sick commuter.
Ambulances rushed to Archway Underground station yesterday evening (Wednesday) after a man suffered a heart attack while travelling home during rush hour.
At around 6.30pm the victim was given emergency first aid on the tube which caused all north bound services to be delayed.
But one man seemed to have little sympathy for his fellow passenger.
You may also want to watch:
"He just went mad," said a member of staff at Archway station. "He was shouting and hurling abuse at police and staff, saying he had paid his money and the service was terrible, all the while another poor guy is having a heart attack. Then I think he hit one of the officers and they ended up leading him out in handcuffs."
The sick passenger was then rushed to hospital.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Officers returned to the station today to examine the CCTV tapes of the incident.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "A 61-year-old man was arrested for a public order offence and assaulting a police officer at Archway Tube station yesterday, Wednesday 5 November.
"The arrested man was taken into custody for further questioning and bailed to return to a central London police station on Monday 15 December.