Irate passenger explodes in Tube station
An irate Tube passenger hit out at a policeman after becoming frustrated at delays caused by sick commuter. Ambulances rushed to Archway Underground station yesterday evening (Wednesday) after a man suffered a heart attack while travelling home during rus
An irate tube passenger hit out at a policeman after becoming frustrated at delays caused by sick commuter.
Ambulances rushed to Archway Underground station yesterday evening (Wednesday) after a man suffered a heart attack while travelling home during rush hour.
At around 6.30pm the victim was given emergency first aid on the tube which caused all north bound services to be delayed.
But one man seemed to have little sympathy for his fellow passenger.
You may also want to watch:
"He just went mad," said a member of staff at Archway station. "He was shouting and hurling abuse at police and staff, saying he had paid his money and the service was terrible, all the while another poor guy is having a heart attack. Then I think he hit one of the officers and they ended up leading him out in handcuffs."
The sick passenger was then rushed to hospital.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
Officers returned to the station today to examine the CCTV tapes of the incident.
A spokesman for British Transport Police said: "A 61-year-old man was arrested for a public order offence and assaulting a police officer at Archway Tube station yesterday, Wednesday 5 November.
"The arrested man was taken into custody for further questioning and bailed to return to a central London police station on Monday 15 December.