Invitation to join memorial walk in honour of Cllr Jane Schopflin
One of this Council s most loved Councillors died on December 28 - Jane Schopflin of Fortune Green. Jane was an amazing and delightful woman, with a sparking sense of humour and she was an inspiration to many new backbenchers such as myself. Despite bein
One of this Council's most loved Councillors died on December 28 - Jane Schopflin of Fortune Green.
Jane was an amazing and delightful woman, with a sparking sense of humour and she was an inspiration to many new backbenchers such as myself. Despite being ill by the time of the council elections in May
2006 she was determined to be re-elected and to continue to serve her constituents, particularly in the field of housing, which was her metier. It's what she lived for.
To celebrate her life and contribution to Camden, on Saturday 12th April we've organised a Memorial Walk in her honour. This coincides to the exact day, one year on, with a charity walk that Jane did in aid of her favourite charity - Shelter - when she raised a staggering amount of money by walking more than six miles.
On Saturday morning 12th April many of her friends, family and Council colleagues will get together at the Tricycle Theatre in Kilburn at 11.30 am. From there we'll re-trace the six mile walk that Jane did with such great pleasure with councillors Flick Rea, Andrew Marshall, Jill Fraser, James King, Russell Eagling and myself, along with lots of Camden's staff,
The route is first towards Cricklewood, then up to Golders Hill Park, past Kenwood to the Flask in Highgate - tracing Camden's northern Borough boundary. No doubt we'll raise a toast to Jane at the Bull and Bush along the way as we remember how full of joy Jane was on the walk through her ward and beyond.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 8 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 9 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 10 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
You will be made most welcome to participate so please, if you knew Jane, join us. And if you're unable to be there you could still make a donation in Jane's name to Shelter at: www.justgiving.com/JaneSchopflinForShelter
Cllr Paul Braithwaite
Lib Dem Councillor