Search continues after man disappears while swimming in Hampstead Heath pond
- Credit: Archant
A search is underway at Highgate Men’s Pond after a swimmer disappeared yesterday during one of the hottest days of the year.
Police were called at 4.45pm after a man's clothing was found on the bank of the pond on Hampstead Heath.
Officers and paramedics were on the scene yesterday afternoon, and were again this morning trying to find the man.
A search by the Marine Support Unit on Saturday evening resulted in no trace.
The Kenwood Ladies Pond was also closed for part of yesterday after a "medical incident."
You may also want to watch:
The Men's Pond is closed today and will be again tomorrow (Mon) while further investigations continue.
Were you at the pond yesterday? Did you see what happened? Contact the newsdesk at email@example.com
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 6 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 7 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 8 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 9 Future of Royal Free Hospital nurseries uncertain amid staff consultation
- 10 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds