Search continues after man disappears while swimming in Hampstead Heath pond
- Credit: Archant
A search is underway at Highgate Men’s Pond after a swimmer disappeared yesterday during one of the hottest days of the year.
Police were called at 4.45pm after a man's clothing was found on the bank of the pond on Hampstead Heath.
Officers and paramedics were on the scene yesterday afternoon, and were again this morning trying to find the man.
A search by the Marine Support Unit on Saturday evening resulted in no trace.
The Kenwood Ladies Pond was also closed for part of yesterday after a "medical incident."
You may also want to watch:
The Men's Pond is closed today and will be again tomorrow (Mon) while further investigations continue.
Were you at the pond yesterday? Did you see what happened? Contact the newsdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 3 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 4 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 5 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 6 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 7 Crouch End salesman who nursed mum runs marathon for Diabetes UK
- 8 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 9 Man stabbed on Finchley Road
- 10 Man left with £1,200 vet bill after puppy 'mauled' on Hampstead Heath