Search continues after man disappears while swimming in Hampstead Heath pond
- Credit: Archant
A search is underway at Highgate Men’s Pond after a swimmer disappeared yesterday during one of the hottest days of the year.
Police were called at 4.45pm after a man's clothing was found on the bank of the pond on Hampstead Heath.
Officers and paramedics were on the scene yesterday afternoon, and were again this morning trying to find the man.
A search by the Marine Support Unit on Saturday evening resulted in no trace.
The Kenwood Ladies Pond was also closed for part of yesterday after a "medical incident."
You may also want to watch:
The Men's Pond is closed today and will be again tomorrow (Mon) while further investigations continue.
Were you at the pond yesterday? Did you see what happened? Contact the newsdesk at email@example.com
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 3 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 4 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 7 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 8 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 9 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 10 Reader letter: Rubbish bins in Camden need 'levelling up'