Celebrate International Women’s Day at the Crossroads Women’s Centre in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
The Crossroads Women’s Centre in Kentish Town is holding a special open day on Sunday March 8 – International Women’s Day.
Spearheaded by the Global Women's Strike group, the event will see the different organisations which use the centre talking about the care and advocacy work they do.
There will also be refreshments, films, and workshops for visitors to get involved in.
Organisers Kay Chapman and Shoda Rackal told the Ham&High about what to expect.
Kay said: "We are having an open day. It's for the Global Women's Strike and all of the other organisations based at the centre. We we want people to be able to to do is come and meet the organistations to find out more about what the centre does."
You may also want to watch:
Numerous social and campaigning groups are based at the centre, including Women Against Rape and the All-African Woman's Group.
Other organisations based there fight immigration enforcement, homophobia and the unfair benefit sanctions.
The event runs from 12 until 5 at the women's centre at 25 Wolsey Mews.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 3 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 8 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 9 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 10 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab