Celebrate International Women’s Day at the Crossroads Women’s Centre in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
The Crossroads Women’s Centre in Kentish Town is holding a special open day on Sunday March 8 – International Women’s Day.
Spearheaded by the Global Women's Strike group, the event will see the different organisations which use the centre talking about the care and advocacy work they do.
There will also be refreshments, films, and workshops for visitors to get involved in.
Organisers Kay Chapman and Shoda Rackal told the Ham&High about what to expect.
Kay said: "We are having an open day. It's for the Global Women's Strike and all of the other organisations based at the centre. We we want people to be able to to do is come and meet the organistations to find out more about what the centre does."
Numerous social and campaigning groups are based at the centre, including Women Against Rape and the All-African Woman's Group.
Other organisations based there fight immigration enforcement, homophobia and the unfair benefit sanctions.
The event runs from 12 until 5 at the women's centre at 25 Wolsey Mews.
- 1 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 2 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 3 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 4 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 5 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 8 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future