Celebrate International Women’s Day at the Crossroads Women’s Centre in Kentish Town
- Credit: Archant
The Crossroads Women’s Centre in Kentish Town is holding a special open day on Sunday March 8 – International Women’s Day.
Spearheaded by the Global Women's Strike group, the event will see the different organisations which use the centre talking about the care and advocacy work they do.
There will also be refreshments, films, and workshops for visitors to get involved in.
Organisers Kay Chapman and Shoda Rackal told the Ham&High about what to expect.
Kay said: "We are having an open day. It's for the Global Women's Strike and all of the other organisations based at the centre. We we want people to be able to to do is come and meet the organistations to find out more about what the centre does."
You may also want to watch:
Numerous social and campaigning groups are based at the centre, including Women Against Rape and the All-African Woman's Group.
Other organisations based there fight immigration enforcement, homophobia and the unfair benefit sanctions.
The event runs from 12 until 5 at the women's centre at 25 Wolsey Mews.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 5 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 6 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 North London teenager sets sights on professional cricket