Injury check as Spurs finalise Giovanni dos Santos deal
Spurs are poised to complete the £8.6million transfer of Giovanni dos Santos from Barcelona. Striker dos Santos had surgery on an ankle in May and, although the Lilywhites do not expect any complications, they want to be completely reassured that the teen
Spurs are poised to complete the £8.6million transfer of Giovanni dos Santos from Barcelona.
Striker dos Santos had surgery on an ankle in May and, although the Lilywhites do not expect any complications, they want to be completely reassured that the teenager's injury is healed.
But another teenager, winger Adel Taarabt, looks set to leave the Lane on loan after growing frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities.
The 19-year-old made just 10 appearances as substitute last season and could be on his way back to France - to either Bordeaux or St Etienne.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs have rejected a £3million bid form Aston Villa for full-back Pascal Chimbonda. The French international who looked set for a move to Newcastle in the January transfer window, will not be allowed to leave for less than £5million.
However, Tottenham appear to have missed out on signing central defender Richard Dunne from managerless Manchester City.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 7 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 10 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
The Irish international is understood to favour a move to Harry Redknapp's FA Cup winners Portsmouth.