Injury check as Spurs finalise Giovanni dos Santos deal
Spurs are poised to complete the £8.6million transfer of Giovanni dos Santos from Barcelona. Striker dos Santos had surgery on an ankle in May and, although the Lilywhites do not expect any complications, they want to be completely reassured that the teen
Spurs are poised to complete the £8.6million transfer of Giovanni dos Santos from Barcelona.
Striker dos Santos had surgery on an ankle in May and, although the Lilywhites do not expect any complications, they want to be completely reassured that the teenager's injury is healed.
But another teenager, winger Adel Taarabt, looks set to leave the Lane on loan after growing frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities.
The 19-year-old made just 10 appearances as substitute last season and could be on his way back to France - to either Bordeaux or St Etienne.
You may also want to watch:
Spurs have rejected a £3million bid form Aston Villa for full-back Pascal Chimbonda. The French international who looked set for a move to Newcastle in the January transfer window, will not be allowed to leave for less than £5million.
However, Tottenham appear to have missed out on signing central defender Richard Dunne from managerless Manchester City.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Letter on shopping for one!
- 10 84 West Heath Road planning decision deferred again by Barnet Council
The Irish international is understood to favour a move to Harry Redknapp's FA Cup winners Portsmouth.