Injury check as Spurs finalise Giovanni dos Santos deal
Spurs are poised to complete the £8.6million transfer of Giovanni dos Santos from Barcelona. Striker dos Santos had surgery on an ankle in May and, although the Lilywhites do not expect any complications, they want to be completely reassured that the teen
Spurs are poised to complete the £8.6million transfer of Giovanni dos Santos from Barcelona.
Striker dos Santos had surgery on an ankle in May and, although the Lilywhites do not expect any complications, they want to be completely reassured that the teenager's injury is healed.
But another teenager, winger Adel Taarabt, looks set to leave the Lane on loan after growing frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities.
The 19-year-old made just 10 appearances as substitute last season and could be on his way back to France - to either Bordeaux or St Etienne.
Spurs have rejected a £3million bid form Aston Villa for full-back Pascal Chimbonda. The French international who looked set for a move to Newcastle in the January transfer window, will not be allowed to leave for less than £5million.
However, Tottenham appear to have missed out on signing central defender Richard Dunne from managerless Manchester City.
- 1 'Unimaginable loss': Father and daughter stabbed to death in north London
- 2 Covid-19: Omicron variant case confirmed in Camden
- 3 Stunning light trail wraps up Kenwood like a giant Christmas present
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Tottenham boss Antonio Conte looking to revamp squad in transfer windows
- 6 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 7 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 8 PLU: St John's Wood restaurant finds the right formula
- 9 Camden Market has major makeover with new cinema, shops and food stalls
- 10 Movement off the ball key to Arsenal's win against Newcastle
The Irish international is understood to favour a move to Harry Redknapp's FA Cup winners Portsmouth.