Injury check as Spurs finalise Giovanni dos Santos deal
Spurs are poised to complete the £8.6million transfer of Giovanni dos Santos from Barcelona. Striker dos Santos had surgery on an ankle in May and, although the Lilywhites do not expect any complications, they want to be completely reassured that the teen
Spurs are poised to complete the £8.6million transfer of Giovanni dos Santos from Barcelona.
Striker dos Santos had surgery on an ankle in May and, although the Lilywhites do not expect any complications, they want to be completely reassured that the teenager's injury is healed.
But another teenager, winger Adel Taarabt, looks set to leave the Lane on loan after growing frustrated at a lack of first-team opportunities.
The 19-year-old made just 10 appearances as substitute last season and could be on his way back to France - to either Bordeaux or St Etienne.
Spurs have rejected a £3million bid form Aston Villa for full-back Pascal Chimbonda. The French international who looked set for a move to Newcastle in the January transfer window, will not be allowed to leave for less than £5million.
However, Tottenham appear to have missed out on signing central defender Richard Dunne from managerless Manchester City.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 7 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 8 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 9 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 10 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
The Irish international is understood to favour a move to Harry Redknapp's FA Cup winners Portsmouth.