In case of emergency on the Heath, just run around in circles
PROCEDURE for reporting a dangerous incident on Hampstead Heath during peak bank holiday period: 1. Hurry to staff yard at Parliament Hill and find enquiries window closed. Scurry to tennis court keeper s hut nearby and find it closed. 2. Staff yard itsel
PROCEDURE for reporting a dangerous incident on Hampstead Heath during peak bank holiday period:
1. Hurry to staff yard at Parliament Hill and find enquiries window closed. Scurry to tennis court keeper's hut nearby and find it closed.
2. Staff yard itself is deserted. Obey instructions on enquiries window to go to athletics track.
3. Find no sign of authority at athletics track. Seek advice from attendant emptying bin of children's playground.
You may also want to watch:
4. Attendant's advice: either take long walk to middle of athletics track to seek out distant figure of supervisor busy with field work, or put complaint in writing in diary playground office. Decide to write in diary, ask whether diary report will be passed on automatically and told it won't, given brochure to make phone report to office staff.
5. Office staff at Parliament Hill staff yard have bank holiday weekend off, even though the Heath is at peak use. Interesting.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 5 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 6 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 7 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 8 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 9 Harry Kane: Boyhood club cult status or chase that silverware?
- 10 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
6. Comforted to know that any report of terrorist incident or assault will be handled by two women in children's playground.
7. Glad the incident was not serious - it was about a works driver speeding dangerously past the knees of an elderly couple on a bench and nearly running over a dog. So it wasn't all that important. But if it had been, eh?
Colney Hatch Lane, N10