IDENTITY REGISTER DEBATE: a wake-up call to readers
Stephen Taylor s article (Every move you make, they ll be watching you, H&H February 11) should be a wake-up call to your readers. Levels of state surveillance and interference are now disturbingly high; we all must fight Transformational Government and t
Stephen Taylor's article (Every move you make, they'll be watching you, H&H February 11) should be a wake-up call to your readers.
Levels of state surveillance and interference are now disturbingly high; we all must fight Transformational Government and these creeping, intrusive policies against our liberties, and to make our feelings on the matter unambiguously clear to the politicians.
If democratic government is to have any hope of working in a way which is acceptable to the majority, then, as in the House of Commons, we need to assert ourselves and redress the balance of power. I urge everyone to act on this particular cause, and numbers count: the only way of stopping these statist policies is a mass movement.
You may also want to watch:
Cleve Road, NW6
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 6 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 7 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 8 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 9 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 10 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'