IDENTITY REGISTER DEBATE: a wake-up call to readers
Stephen Taylor s article (Every move you make, they ll be watching you, H&H February 11) should be a wake-up call to your readers. Levels of state surveillance and interference are now disturbingly high; we all must fight Transformational Government and t
Stephen Taylor's article (Every move you make, they'll be watching you, H&H February 11) should be a wake-up call to your readers.
Levels of state surveillance and interference are now disturbingly high; we all must fight Transformational Government and these creeping, intrusive policies against our liberties, and to make our feelings on the matter unambiguously clear to the politicians.
If democratic government is to have any hope of working in a way which is acceptable to the majority, then, as in the House of Commons, we need to assert ourselves and redress the balance of power. I urge everyone to act on this particular cause, and numbers count: the only way of stopping these statist policies is a mass movement.
Cleve Road, NW6
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club