Identities of Baby P killers revealed
THE sadistic child abusers responsible for Baby P s death can finally be identified, two years after his death. Tracey Connelly, 28, and her boyfriend Steven Barker, 33, can today be identified as the notorious duo, previously only known as Baby P s mothe
THE sadistic child abusers responsible for Baby P's death can finally be identified, two years after his death.
Tracey Connelly, 28, and her boyfriend Steven Barker, 33, can today be identified as the notorious duo, previously only known as Baby P's mother and her boyfriend.
A court order which banned the Ham&High from naming them expired at midnight last night.
They, along with Jason Owen, 37, were found guilty in November last year of causing or allowing the toddler's death on August 3 2007.
You may also want to watch:
Owen is also revealed as Barker's older brother.
During the course of the 11-week Old Bailey trial, jurors heard how Connelly ignored Peter's agony while Barker treated the 17-month-old toddler "like a punch bag" for more than nine months.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Peter was on the "at risk" register with Haringey social services and was seen 60 times by health workers, police and social workers. The case sparked a national outcry when the extent of his suffering became public.
He finally died after having his back broken with the level of force usually only suffered by victims of a car crash.
In May of this year, Barker was also convicted of raping a two-year-old girl. Connelly was cleared of a separate charge of child cruelty.
Steven Barker and Tracey Connelly lived in a council house in Tottenham. Jason Owen was their lodger for five weeks but he also lived in Bromley, Kent.
Barker was given 12 years for Peter's death and life for raping a two-year-old girl. He must serve a minimum of 10 years.
Connelly and Owen were given indefinite sentences. She must serve at least five years and Owen at least three years.