Identities of Baby P killers revealed
THE sadistic child abusers responsible for Baby P s death can finally be identified, two years after his death. Tracey Connelly, 28, and her boyfriend Steven Barker, 33, can today be identified as the notorious duo, previously only known as Baby P s mothe
THE sadistic child abusers responsible for Baby P's death can finally be identified, two years after his death.
Tracey Connelly, 28, and her boyfriend Steven Barker, 33, can today be identified as the notorious duo, previously only known as Baby P's mother and her boyfriend.
A court order which banned the Ham&High from naming them expired at midnight last night.
They, along with Jason Owen, 37, were found guilty in November last year of causing or allowing the toddler's death on August 3 2007.
Owen is also revealed as Barker's older brother.
During the course of the 11-week Old Bailey trial, jurors heard how Connelly ignored Peter's agony while Barker treated the 17-month-old toddler "like a punch bag" for more than nine months.
- 1 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
- 2 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 3 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 4 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 5 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 8 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 9 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 10 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in north London
Peter was on the "at risk" register with Haringey social services and was seen 60 times by health workers, police and social workers. The case sparked a national outcry when the extent of his suffering became public.
He finally died after having his back broken with the level of force usually only suffered by victims of a car crash.
In May of this year, Barker was also convicted of raping a two-year-old girl. Connelly was cleared of a separate charge of child cruelty.
Steven Barker and Tracey Connelly lived in a council house in Tottenham. Jason Owen was their lodger for five weeks but he also lived in Bromley, Kent.
Barker was given 12 years for Peter's death and life for raping a two-year-old girl. He must serve a minimum of 10 years.
Connelly and Owen were given indefinite sentences. She must serve at least five years and Owen at least three years.