I will protect and extend the Freedom Pass, says Boris
It has come to my attention over the past few weeks that Ken Livingstone and the Labour party have been spreading completely false rumours that I intend to scrap the Freedom Pass for over 60s. I want to state here, clearly and unequivocally - as I have do
It has come to my attention over the past few weeks that Ken Livingstone and the Labour party have been spreading completely false rumours that I intend to scrap the Freedom Pass for over 60s.
I want to state here, clearly and unequivocally - as I have done repeatedly, that I will protect and extend the Freedom Pass to make it valid 24 hours a day.
Anything you read or hear to the contrary is entirely incorrect.
Of the mountain of malicious, untruthful propaganda that the Labour Mayor has distributed about me, it is his lies with regards to the Freedom Pass which make me most upset.
You may also want to watch:
The Freedom Pass is an important and liberating tool for senior citizens in London, and I firmly believe that it is both irresponsible and fundamentally wrong for Ken Livingstone to lie about my stance on an issue which directly affects some of the most vulnerable people in London.
I request that you print this letter to make my position clear and give necessary reassurance to your readers.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 7 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 10 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
Boris Johnson MP, Conservative Candidate for Mayor of London