I will protect and extend the Freedom Pass, says Boris
It has come to my attention over the past few weeks that Ken Livingstone and the Labour party have been spreading completely false rumours that I intend to scrap the Freedom Pass for over 60s. I want to state here, clearly and unequivocally - as I have do
It has come to my attention over the past few weeks that Ken Livingstone and the Labour party have been spreading completely false rumours that I intend to scrap the Freedom Pass for over 60s.
I want to state here, clearly and unequivocally - as I have done repeatedly, that I will protect and extend the Freedom Pass to make it valid 24 hours a day.
Anything you read or hear to the contrary is entirely incorrect.
Of the mountain of malicious, untruthful propaganda that the Labour Mayor has distributed about me, it is his lies with regards to the Freedom Pass which make me most upset.
You may also want to watch:
The Freedom Pass is an important and liberating tool for senior citizens in London, and I firmly believe that it is both irresponsible and fundamentally wrong for Ken Livingstone to lie about my stance on an issue which directly affects some of the most vulnerable people in London.
I request that you print this letter to make my position clear and give necessary reassurance to your readers.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
Boris Johnson MP, Conservative Candidate for Mayor of London