I will protect and extend the Freedom Pass, says Boris
It has come to my attention over the past few weeks that Ken Livingstone and the Labour party have been spreading completely false rumours that I intend to scrap the Freedom Pass for over 60s. I want to state here, clearly and unequivocally - as I have do
It has come to my attention over the past few weeks that Ken Livingstone and the Labour party have been spreading completely false rumours that I intend to scrap the Freedom Pass for over 60s.
I want to state here, clearly and unequivocally - as I have done repeatedly, that I will protect and extend the Freedom Pass to make it valid 24 hours a day.
Anything you read or hear to the contrary is entirely incorrect.
Of the mountain of malicious, untruthful propaganda that the Labour Mayor has distributed about me, it is his lies with regards to the Freedom Pass which make me most upset.
The Freedom Pass is an important and liberating tool for senior citizens in London, and I firmly believe that it is both irresponsible and fundamentally wrong for Ken Livingstone to lie about my stance on an issue which directly affects some of the most vulnerable people in London.
I request that you print this letter to make my position clear and give necessary reassurance to your readers.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 3 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 8 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
Boris Johnson MP, Conservative Candidate for Mayor of London