I'm proud of the NHS and the Whittington Hospital
I want to take this opportunity to thank the fabulous work of all the staff in the various wards and departments of the Whittington Hospital who have contributed to the birth and care of my son Danny Davin, and who have cared for him and my partner, Luci.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the fabulous work of all the staff in the various wards and departments of the Whittington Hospital who have contributed to the birth and care of my son Danny Davin, and who have cared for him and my partner, Luci. My son was born on May 4 but was readmitted a week later due to difficulties.
The work done on the labour and other wards and in the community midwifery services and the paediatric department where Danny and Luci currently are, is incredible. The nursing staff and doctors standard of professionalism and care is unlike any I have seen anywhere else.
This shows that if resources are used in the right way and allocated where they need to be, the NHS is a public sector organisation to be proud of.
As a socialist, trade unionist and lifelong Labour Party member, I am proud of the NHS and the Whittington. I also believe that if the government and the new PM to be, Gordon Brown, listen to these types of pleas they will win the next election. It is time to end PFI and privatisation and other mechanisms for profit mongering at the expense of patients.
You may also want to watch:
I would urge the governmnent to defend the NHS - then every hospital will be as good as the sections of the Whittington which have cared so brilliantlly for Danny.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 7 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 8 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 9 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 10 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
Assistant Branch Secretary
Islington UNISON local government branch