I'm proud of the NHS and the Whittington Hospital
I want to take this opportunity to thank the fabulous work of all the staff in the various wards and departments of the Whittington Hospital who have contributed to the birth and care of my son Danny Davin, and who have cared for him and my partner, Luci.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the fabulous work of all the staff in the various wards and departments of the Whittington Hospital who have contributed to the birth and care of my son Danny Davin, and who have cared for him and my partner, Luci. My son was born on May 4 but was readmitted a week later due to difficulties.
The work done on the labour and other wards and in the community midwifery services and the paediatric department where Danny and Luci currently are, is incredible. The nursing staff and doctors standard of professionalism and care is unlike any I have seen anywhere else.
This shows that if resources are used in the right way and allocated where they need to be, the NHS is a public sector organisation to be proud of.
As a socialist, trade unionist and lifelong Labour Party member, I am proud of the NHS and the Whittington. I also believe that if the government and the new PM to be, Gordon Brown, listen to these types of pleas they will win the next election. It is time to end PFI and privatisation and other mechanisms for profit mongering at the expense of patients.
I would urge the governmnent to defend the NHS - then every hospital will be as good as the sections of the Whittington which have cared so brilliantlly for Danny.
- 1 Alexandra Palace: 2 hospitalised in Red Bull's Soapbox Race
- 2 Police called to 'youth with knife trying to climb school gates'
- 3 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 4 The Rolling Stones prove rock ‘n’ roll is alive and kicking at Hyde Park
- 5 Night-time fishing suspended at Vale of Health following 'antisocial behaviour'
- 6 Five classic Rolling Stones moments at BST Hyde Park
- 7 Jailed: 9 north London offenders put behind bars in June
- 8 Camden watchmaker launches crowdfunding campaign
- 9 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 10 In pictures: Wacky racers descend on Alexandra Palace for soapbox challenge
Assistant Branch Secretary
Islington UNISON local government branch