I'm proud of the NHS and the Whittington Hospital
I want to take this opportunity to thank the fabulous work of all the staff in the various wards and departments of the Whittington Hospital who have contributed to the birth and care of my son Danny Davin, and who have cared for him and my partner, Luci.
I want to take this opportunity to thank the fabulous work of all the staff in the various wards and departments of the Whittington Hospital who have contributed to the birth and care of my son Danny Davin, and who have cared for him and my partner, Luci. My son was born on May 4 but was readmitted a week later due to difficulties.
The work done on the labour and other wards and in the community midwifery services and the paediatric department where Danny and Luci currently are, is incredible. The nursing staff and doctors standard of professionalism and care is unlike any I have seen anywhere else.
This shows that if resources are used in the right way and allocated where they need to be, the NHS is a public sector organisation to be proud of.
As a socialist, trade unionist and lifelong Labour Party member, I am proud of the NHS and the Whittington. I also believe that if the government and the new PM to be, Gordon Brown, listen to these types of pleas they will win the next election. It is time to end PFI and privatisation and other mechanisms for profit mongering at the expense of patients.
You may also want to watch:
I would urge the governmnent to defend the NHS - then every hospital will be as good as the sections of the Whittington which have cared so brilliantlly for Danny.
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 8 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 9 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 10 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
Assistant Branch Secretary
Islington UNISON local government branch