I’LL BE KEEPING IT LOCAL THIS CHRISTMAS
I FOR one have definately decided to eschew the delights (or perhaps the perils) of the new Westfield shopping palace in favour of supporting our local shops in the Hampstead and Highgate areas. I m not sure I ll get everything I want, but at least I won
I FOR one have definately decided to eschew the delights (or perhaps the perils) of the new Westfield shopping palace in favour of supporting our local shops in the Hampstead and Highgate areas.
I'm not sure I'll get everything I want, but at least I won't have to suffer the dreaded Shepherd's Bush traffic jams and pay through the nose for the privilege of having my car parked for me when I eventually do manage to reach my destination. There are so many great shops in the area but I agree entirely with your editor's sentiments that in these cash-strapped days, it's a case of use them or lose them.
As you rightly point out, these small shops really do enrich our lives and we would miss them terribly if they were gone. Really, it's up to us to ensure their survival!
You may also want to watch:
Mansfield Road, NW6
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 8 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 9 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 10 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town