I’LL BE KEEPING IT LOCAL THIS CHRISTMAS
I FOR one have definately decided to eschew the delights (or perhaps the perils) of the new Westfield shopping palace in favour of supporting our local shops in the Hampstead and Highgate areas. I m not sure I ll get everything I want, but at least I won
I FOR one have definately decided to eschew the delights (or perhaps the perils) of the new Westfield shopping palace in favour of supporting our local shops in the Hampstead and Highgate areas.
I'm not sure I'll get everything I want, but at least I won't have to suffer the dreaded Shepherd's Bush traffic jams and pay through the nose for the privilege of having my car parked for me when I eventually do manage to reach my destination. There are so many great shops in the area but I agree entirely with your editor's sentiments that in these cash-strapped days, it's a case of use them or lose them.
As you rightly point out, these small shops really do enrich our lives and we would miss them terribly if they were gone. Really, it's up to us to ensure their survival!
Mansfield Road, NW6
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Covid-19: How Hampstead and Highgate's current figures compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 3 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 4 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 5 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 6 Murder thriller shot in West Hampstead gets its premiere 10 years late
- 7 Hampstead rabbi pays tribute to nephew, victim of Jerusalem terror attack
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
- 10 Haringey Council accidentally leaks £54m office expansion scheme