I’LL BE KEEPING IT LOCAL THIS CHRISTMAS
I FOR one have definately decided to eschew the delights (or perhaps the perils) of the new Westfield shopping palace in favour of supporting our local shops in the Hampstead and Highgate areas. I m not sure I ll get everything I want, but at least I won
I FOR one have definately decided to eschew the delights (or perhaps the perils) of the new Westfield shopping palace in favour of supporting our local shops in the Hampstead and Highgate areas.
I'm not sure I'll get everything I want, but at least I won't have to suffer the dreaded Shepherd's Bush traffic jams and pay through the nose for the privilege of having my car parked for me when I eventually do manage to reach my destination. There are so many great shops in the area but I agree entirely with your editor's sentiments that in these cash-strapped days, it's a case of use them or lose them.
As you rightly point out, these small shops really do enrich our lives and we would miss them terribly if they were gone. Really, it's up to us to ensure their survival!
You may also want to watch:
Mansfield Road, NW6
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband