Hunt for man, 36, missing for two years
FEARS are growing for a 36-year-old vulnerable man who has not been seen since April 30 2007.Idris Ahmed, aged 36, who is originally from Eritrea in Africa, was living in Hornsey Road at the time of his disappearance. This week, the Islington Missing Per
FEARS are growing for a 36-year-old vulnerable man who has not been seen since April 30 2007.
Idris Ahmed, aged 36, who is originally from Eritrea in Africa, was living in Hornsey Road at the time of his disappearance. This week, the Islington Missing Person's Unit
launched a fresh appeal for help in tracing him.
He was last seen by his girlfriend in March 2007 when he told her that he was going to Birmingham to find a job and a new place to live.
You may also want to watch:
Idris was due to visit his girlfriend on April 28, 2007, but never turned up.
On April 30 2007 he called his girlfriend on a stranger's phone after flagging down a car. He told his girlfriend he no longer had his mobile phone with him.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 5 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 6 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 7 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 8 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
Idris has not been heard from, or seen, since then.
He is described as a black male, 5ft 8ins tall, of stocky build, with brown eyes and short, black hair. He suffers from mental health problems for which he requires medication.
The officer investigating Idris's disappearance is DC David Poole from Islington Missing Persons Unit.
Anyone with information about Idris is urged to get in touch and call the confidential service, Message Home on Freefone 0800 700 740. Alternatively, they can call Islington Missing Persons Unit on 07595 004 082 or the charity Missing People on 0500 700 700.