Hunt for man, 36, missing for two years
FEARS are growing for a 36-year-old vulnerable man who has not been seen since April 30 2007.Idris Ahmed, aged 36, who is originally from Eritrea in Africa, was living in Hornsey Road at the time of his disappearance. This week, the Islington Missing Per
FEARS are growing for a 36-year-old vulnerable man who has not been seen since April 30 2007.
Idris Ahmed, aged 36, who is originally from Eritrea in Africa, was living in Hornsey Road at the time of his disappearance. This week, the Islington Missing Person's Unit
launched a fresh appeal for help in tracing him.
He was last seen by his girlfriend in March 2007 when he told her that he was going to Birmingham to find a job and a new place to live.
You may also want to watch:
Idris was due to visit his girlfriend on April 28, 2007, but never turned up.
On April 30 2007 he called his girlfriend on a stranger's phone after flagging down a car. He told his girlfriend he no longer had his mobile phone with him.
- 1 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 2 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 3 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 4 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 7 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 'Important for mental health': Royal Free commits to maintaining new gardens
- 10 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
Idris has not been heard from, or seen, since then.
He is described as a black male, 5ft 8ins tall, of stocky build, with brown eyes and short, black hair. He suffers from mental health problems for which he requires medication.
The officer investigating Idris's disappearance is DC David Poole from Islington Missing Persons Unit.
Anyone with information about Idris is urged to get in touch and call the confidential service, Message Home on Freefone 0800 700 740. Alternatively, they can call Islington Missing Persons Unit on 07595 004 082 or the charity Missing People on 0500 700 700.