Hunt for man, 36, missing for two years
FEARS are growing for a 36-year-old vulnerable man who has not been seen since April 30 2007.Idris Ahmed, aged 36, who is originally from Eritrea in Africa, was living in Hornsey Road at the time of his disappearance. This week, the Islington Missing Per
FEARS are growing for a 36-year-old vulnerable man who has not been seen since April 30 2007.
Idris Ahmed, aged 36, who is originally from Eritrea in Africa, was living in Hornsey Road at the time of his disappearance. This week, the Islington Missing Person's Unit
launched a fresh appeal for help in tracing him.
He was last seen by his girlfriend in March 2007 when he told her that he was going to Birmingham to find a job and a new place to live.
Idris was due to visit his girlfriend on April 28, 2007, but never turned up.
On April 30 2007 he called his girlfriend on a stranger's phone after flagging down a car. He told his girlfriend he no longer had his mobile phone with him.
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 5 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 6 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 7 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 8 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
Idris has not been heard from, or seen, since then.
He is described as a black male, 5ft 8ins tall, of stocky build, with brown eyes and short, black hair. He suffers from mental health problems for which he requires medication.
The officer investigating Idris's disappearance is DC David Poole from Islington Missing Persons Unit.
Anyone with information about Idris is urged to get in touch and call the confidential service, Message Home on Freefone 0800 700 740. Alternatively, they can call Islington Missing Persons Unit on 07595 004 082 or the charity Missing People on 0500 700 700.