Hunt for knifepoint robbers stepped up after Nicole Farhi attack
The police hunt for two knifepoint robbers who are terrorising lone women in Hampstead has been stepped up following the terrifying ordeal suffered by fashion designer Nicole Farhi. Steve Burns, head of Camden s robbery squad, said that it was the third incid
The police hunt for two knifepoint robbers who are terrorising lone women in Hampstead has been stepped up following the terrifying ordeal suffered by fashion designer Nicole Farhi.
Steve Burns, head of Camden's robbery squad, said that it was the third incident in as many months when women walking alone in Hampstead had been robbed of their jewellery near their homes.
The assailants are believed to be two black men, who fled in a small silver car which was parked nearby.
Ms Farhi was attacked around 11pm last Thursday night after being approached by two men in the street near her home in Frognal. She may have been followed home.
You may also want to watch:
They held a knife to her throat and stripped her of jewellery reportedly worth £8,000. As well as taking her watch and a ring her attackers snatched her purse containing foreign currency. Then they used the car to speed off towards Finchley Road.
The flamboyant Ms Farhi, who has a worldwide reputation as a leading fashion innovator, and a loyal following of celebrity customers, was understandably traumatised by the attack and is understood to have been advised by police about her security.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
Police are on the hunt for two black men aged between 25 and 35.
No arrests have been made at this stage. Call Camden Robbery Squad on 020-7404 1212 or Crimestoppers 0800 555 111.