Hunt for gunman who targeted 60-year-old
This is the thug police want to speak to in connection with a terrifying gun point robbery on a 60-year-old man in West Hampstead. Police believe the man (pictured) was one of the two robbers who pulled up next to the victim in a brown car in Lithos Road
This is the thug police want to speak to in connection with a terrifying gun point robbery on a 60-year-old man in West Hampstead.
Police believe the man (pictured) was one of the two robbers who pulled up next to the victim in a brown car in Lithos Road in the middle of the morning and asked if he wanted to buy a cheap camera.
But the 60-year-old was then dragged into the vehicle and had a gun pointed at him before being driven to a nearby cash point. He was forced to withdraw money from two cash machines before set free when the car became stuck in traffic on Finchley Road.
Detective Constable Mark Knollys said: "This was a cowardly crime that has left the victim badly shaken and afraid to go outside. I would like to hear from anyone that witnessed any part of this incident or has been approached in similar circumstances and offered electrical goods for sale."
The suspects in the November 18 robbery are both white males, aged between 35 and 40 years old.
Anyone who might recognise the man in the image or has any information on the robbery is urged to call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Major tube strike to follow Queen's Platinum Jubilee long weekend
- 2 Barnet leader pledges council tax rebate and an end to outsourcing
- 3 Belsize Village restaurant hires young Ukrainian refugee
- 4 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 5 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 6 Camden teacher's cycle ride to find a cure for daughter's 'sleeping beauty' syndrome
- 7 Covid: Slight rise in admissions but fewer patients in hospital overall
- 8 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
- 9 Two-year waitlist for mental health patients at Tavistock Centre
- 10 HGO double bill: modern dress baroque opera as it would have sounded centuries ago
No arrests have been made and police enquiries continue.