Hunt for gunman who targeted 60-year-old
This is the thug police want to speak to in connection with a terrifying gun point robbery on a 60-year-old man in West Hampstead. Police believe the man (pictured) was one of the two robbers who pulled up next to the victim in a brown car in Lithos Road
This is the thug police want to speak to in connection with a terrifying gun point robbery on a 60-year-old man in West Hampstead.
Police believe the man (pictured) was one of the two robbers who pulled up next to the victim in a brown car in Lithos Road in the middle of the morning and asked if he wanted to buy a cheap camera.
But the 60-year-old was then dragged into the vehicle and had a gun pointed at him before being driven to a nearby cash point. He was forced to withdraw money from two cash machines before set free when the car became stuck in traffic on Finchley Road.
Detective Constable Mark Knollys said: "This was a cowardly crime that has left the victim badly shaken and afraid to go outside. I would like to hear from anyone that witnessed any part of this incident or has been approached in similar circumstances and offered electrical goods for sale."
You may also want to watch:
The suspects in the November 18 robbery are both white males, aged between 35 and 40 years old.
Anyone who might recognise the man in the image or has any information on the robbery is urged to call Camden police on 0300 123 1212 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 3 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
No arrests have been made and police enquiries continue.