Hundreds of new student homes coming to King's Cross
WORLD class student accommodation is due to be built at King s Cross Central as part of area s massive development. The King s Cross partnership has signed a deal with developers urbanest UK to deliver a new student housing building with 657 bedrooms on P
WORLD class student accommodation is due to be built at King's Cross Central as part of area's massive development.
The King's Cross partnership has signed a deal with developers urbanest UK to deliver a new student housing building with 657 bedrooms on Plot T6.
Designed by Glenn Howells Architects the high quality building, which will be ready in 2013, will be situated next to the High Speed 1 Eurostar line and a planning application has just been submitted to Camden Council.
Robert Evans, from King's Cross Central, said: "We are delighted to be working with urbanest to deliver a student housing building of exceptional quality at King's Cross Central.
You may also want to watch:
"Building T6 will complement and enhance the wider King's Cross Central development which, from September next year, will be the new home for Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design and its community of 4,500 students and staff. All being well, we look forward to Building T6 opening its doors just two years later."
And Johnny Manns, from urbanest, added: "urbanest is developing the next generation of student accommodation in central London, with a target of up to 3,000 beds in Zone 1, and are delighted to have secured a flagship site at King's Cross that takes us beyond 1,000 beds already.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 10 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
"The opportunity to build student housing at King's Cross Central is very exciting, and we have sought to design a scheme that will do full justice to the vision of the King's Cross masterplan and London as a global educational centre."
For more information on King's Cross Central visit www.kingscrosscentral.com.