Hundreds of new student homes coming to King's Cross
WORLD class student accommodation is due to be built at King s Cross Central as part of area s massive development. The King s Cross partnership has signed a deal with developers urbanest UK to deliver a new student housing building with 657 bedrooms on P
WORLD class student accommodation is due to be built at King's Cross Central as part of area's massive development.
The King's Cross partnership has signed a deal with developers urbanest UK to deliver a new student housing building with 657 bedrooms on Plot T6.
Designed by Glenn Howells Architects the high quality building, which will be ready in 2013, will be situated next to the High Speed 1 Eurostar line and a planning application has just been submitted to Camden Council.
Robert Evans, from King's Cross Central, said: "We are delighted to be working with urbanest to deliver a student housing building of exceptional quality at King's Cross Central.
You may also want to watch:
"Building T6 will complement and enhance the wider King's Cross Central development which, from September next year, will be the new home for Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design and its community of 4,500 students and staff. All being well, we look forward to Building T6 opening its doors just two years later."
And Johnny Manns, from urbanest, added: "urbanest is developing the next generation of student accommodation in central London, with a target of up to 3,000 beds in Zone 1, and are delighted to have secured a flagship site at King's Cross that takes us beyond 1,000 beds already.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
"The opportunity to build student housing at King's Cross Central is very exciting, and we have sought to design a scheme that will do full justice to the vision of the King's Cross masterplan and London as a global educational centre."
For more information on King's Cross Central visit www.kingscrosscentral.com.