Huddlestone signs new deal at Spurs
SPURS midfielder Tom Huddlestone this week signed a new five-year deal at the Lane. The 21-year-old, who joined Tottenham from Derby in 2005, has pledged his future to the North London club until 2013. The England Under 21 international made 43 appearan
SPURS midfielder Tom Huddlestone this week signed a new five-year deal at the Lane.
The 21-year-old, who joined Tottenham from Derby in 2005, has pledged his future to the North London club until 2013.
The England Under 21 international made 43 appearances for Juande Ramos's side in all competition last season, scoring four goals.
He also caught the eye of Fabio Capello and was called up to the full England squad for the end of season internationals against the USA and Trinidad and Tobago.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Spurs have also reached agreement with Perugia to sign Italian youth goalkeeper Mirko Ranieri.
The 16-year-old is expected to play in the club's academy team next season.
- 1 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 2 Emergency services at Gospel Oak estate over safety concern
- 3 Famous Parliament Hill view still obscured as nesting birds delay work
- 4 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 5 Camden Council wrongly refused housing to domestic abuse victim
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 7 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 8 All's Well That Ends Well – al fresco
- 9 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 10 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
"Mirko is 6ft 2in and an excellent shot-stopper," said the club's sporting director Damien Comolli. "His distribution and decision-making is improving all the time.
"He is a highly-intelligent individual and another very good young goalkeeper we have attracted to the club.