Huddlestone signs new deal at Spurs
SPURS midfielder Tom Huddlestone this week signed a new five-year deal at the Lane. The 21-year-old, who joined Tottenham from Derby in 2005, has pledged his future to the North London club until 2013. The England Under 21 international made 43 appearan
SPURS midfielder Tom Huddlestone this week signed a new five-year deal at the Lane.
The 21-year-old, who joined Tottenham from Derby in 2005, has pledged his future to the North London club until 2013.
The England Under 21 international made 43 appearances for Juande Ramos's side in all competition last season, scoring four goals.
He also caught the eye of Fabio Capello and was called up to the full England squad for the end of season internationals against the USA and Trinidad and Tobago.
Meanwhile, Spurs have also reached agreement with Perugia to sign Italian youth goalkeeper Mirko Ranieri.
The 16-year-old is expected to play in the club's academy team next season.
- 1 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 2 Barnet: Three arrested as victim of fatal stabbing named
- 3 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 4 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
- 5 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 6 TfL: Revamped Northern line latest addition to ever-improving network
- 7 Warnings issued after four fox clubs found stuck in old car wheels
- 8 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 9 Fears over large nitrous oxide cannisters found in Gospel Oak
- 10 Hampstead to welcome boho women's lifestyle brand Free People
"Mirko is 6ft 2in and an excellent shot-stopper," said the club's sporting director Damien Comolli. "His distribution and decision-making is improving all the time.
"He is a highly-intelligent individual and another very good young goalkeeper we have attracted to the club.