Huddlestone signs new deal at Spurs
SPURS midfielder Tom Huddlestone this week signed a new five-year deal at the Lane. The 21-year-old, who joined Tottenham from Derby in 2005, has pledged his future to the North London club until 2013. The England Under 21 international made 43 appearan
SPURS midfielder Tom Huddlestone this week signed a new five-year deal at the Lane.
The 21-year-old, who joined Tottenham from Derby in 2005, has pledged his future to the North London club until 2013.
The England Under 21 international made 43 appearances for Juande Ramos's side in all competition last season, scoring four goals.
He also caught the eye of Fabio Capello and was called up to the full England squad for the end of season internationals against the USA and Trinidad and Tobago.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Spurs have also reached agreement with Perugia to sign Italian youth goalkeeper Mirko Ranieri.
The 16-year-old is expected to play in the club's academy team next season.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 The Magdala: US collector digs up pub history from long before Ruth Ellis
- 7 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 8 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
"Mirko is 6ft 2in and an excellent shot-stopper," said the club's sporting director Damien Comolli. "His distribution and decision-making is improving all the time.
"He is a highly-intelligent individual and another very good young goalkeeper we have attracted to the club.