Howzat for a surprise? Pietersen pops into Crouch End cricket club
KP enjoys knockabout with club members
CROUCH End cricket fans were bowled over when England and Surrey star Kevin Pietersen popped into the local cricket club yesterday.
Unfortunately the controversial cricket star was not appearing as the Park Road club’s latest signing, but was posing in a secret photo shoot for Brylcreem.
Once the hard work was over, however, Pietersen didn’t disappoint and ended the day signing autographs and taking part in a impromptu knockabout with club members.
With around 100 playing members and many more social visitors, the club has expanded significantly in the last three years and now fields six weekend teams and a youth development program. The club is always looking for new members and welcomes all ages and standards of player.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Charles Logan said: “This is a great day for Crouch End we’ve had Mark Ramprakash here and other first class cricketers, but not anyone of KP’s standing in the world of cricket.
“It’s great for our members and people of Crouch End to see him here because they all loved the setting and the weather couldn’t have been better.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
“This will give us a great foundation on which to build for next season as the launch of the campaign will further our profile.”
For more information on the local club, go to www.crouchendcricket.com.