Howzat for a surprise? Pietersen pops into Crouch End cricket club
KP enjoys knockabout with club members
CROUCH End cricket fans were bowled over when England and Surrey star Kevin Pietersen popped into the local cricket club yesterday.
Unfortunately the controversial cricket star was not appearing as the Park Road club’s latest signing, but was posing in a secret photo shoot for Brylcreem.
Once the hard work was over, however, Pietersen didn’t disappoint and ended the day signing autographs and taking part in a impromptu knockabout with club members.
With around 100 playing members and many more social visitors, the club has expanded significantly in the last three years and now fields six weekend teams and a youth development program. The club is always looking for new members and welcomes all ages and standards of player.
Club chairman Charles Logan said: “This is a great day for Crouch End we’ve had Mark Ramprakash here and other first class cricketers, but not anyone of KP’s standing in the world of cricket.
“It’s great for our members and people of Crouch End to see him here because they all loved the setting and the weather couldn’t have been better.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 3 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 4 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 5 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 6 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 7 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 8 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 9 O2 Centre climb: Entertaining with fantastic panoramic views of London
- 10 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
“This will give us a great foundation on which to build for next season as the launch of the campaign will further our profile.”
For more information on the local club, go to www.crouchendcricket.com.