Howzat for a surprise? Pietersen pops into Crouch End cricket club
KP enjoys knockabout with club members
CROUCH End cricket fans were bowled over when England and Surrey star Kevin Pietersen popped into the local cricket club yesterday.
Unfortunately the controversial cricket star was not appearing as the Park Road club’s latest signing, but was posing in a secret photo shoot for Brylcreem.
Once the hard work was over, however, Pietersen didn’t disappoint and ended the day signing autographs and taking part in a impromptu knockabout with club members.
With around 100 playing members and many more social visitors, the club has expanded significantly in the last three years and now fields six weekend teams and a youth development program. The club is always looking for new members and welcomes all ages and standards of player.
You may also want to watch:
Club chairman Charles Logan said: “This is a great day for Crouch End we’ve had Mark Ramprakash here and other first class cricketers, but not anyone of KP’s standing in the world of cricket.
“It’s great for our members and people of Crouch End to see him here because they all loved the setting and the weather couldn’t have been better.
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
“This will give us a great foundation on which to build for next season as the launch of the campaign will further our profile.”
For more information on the local club, go to www.crouchendcricket.com.