Howzat for a surprise? Pietersen pops into Crouch End cricket club
KP enjoys knockabout with club members
CROUCH End cricket fans were bowled over when England and Surrey star Kevin Pietersen popped into the local cricket club yesterday.
Unfortunately the controversial cricket star was not appearing as the Park Road club’s latest signing, but was posing in a secret photo shoot for Brylcreem.
Once the hard work was over, however, Pietersen didn’t disappoint and ended the day signing autographs and taking part in a impromptu knockabout with club members.
With around 100 playing members and many more social visitors, the club has expanded significantly in the last three years and now fields six weekend teams and a youth development program. The club is always looking for new members and welcomes all ages and standards of player.
Club chairman Charles Logan said: “This is a great day for Crouch End we’ve had Mark Ramprakash here and other first class cricketers, but not anyone of KP’s standing in the world of cricket.
“It’s great for our members and people of Crouch End to see him here because they all loved the setting and the weather couldn’t have been better.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 3 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 4 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 5 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 6 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 7 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 8 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 9 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 10 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
“This will give us a great foundation on which to build for next season as the launch of the campaign will further our profile.”
For more information on the local club, go to www.crouchendcricket.com.