How PCTs will force our GPs into polyclinics
I WRITE in support of former Crouch End resident Gary McKinnon (Hacker loses his fight to avoid an American trial, H&H July 31). For how much longer are our politicians going to kow-tow to America? Mr McKinnon appears to be a truly amateur computer hacke
I WRITE in support of former Crouch End resident Gary McKinnon (Hacker loses his fight to avoid an American trial, H&H July 31). For how much longer are our politicians going to kow-tow to America?
Mr McKinnon appears to be a truly amateur computer hacker who infiltrated several US military sites. Apparently some of these were ill-protected, some not even having secure passwords. The Americans cannot bear losing face - hence the vindictive demand for Mr McKinnon's extradition, for a 'crime' which was committed in Britain and should be tried here.
Why has extradition been permitted when men such as Abu Hamza and Abu Qatada - who spit poison against the West, and who even our dozy judiciary admit are dangerous - have been allowed to stay in this country? They have cost us millions in benefits and legal fees whilst continuing to revile us.
There are numerous others who commit criminal acts and who this government seems to be unwilling to send packing, but they're prepared to sacrifice Mr McKinnon.
Hamza's lawyers claim that he might face torture in the US and that his human rights would be breached if he were sent there to face terrorist charges.
I suggest that a lifetime in an American prison would constitute torture for Mr McKinnon - and would certainly remove his rights - human or otherwise.
- 1 Man files complaint following 'unlawful arrest' by police officers
- 2 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 3 Barnet: Two men charged following fatal High Road stabbing
- 4 Golders Green school rated 'inadequate' for second time
- 5 'It's a lovely community': The Bull reopens under new management
- 6 Covid-19: Hospital admissions and bed occupancy continue to fall
- 7 Businesses hail return of Highgate's Fair in the Square
- 8 Camden, Westminster raids as 14 arrested in sex trafficking warrants
- 9 Man accused of sexual assaults in Camden and Islington bailed
- 10 What is the rare 'monkeypox' being treated at the Royal Free?
The way he has been treated, for what was admittedly a foolish thing to do, is a travesty of justice.
Hillside Gardens, N6