Council set to rule again on old Temple Fortune tennis club redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
A developer is again seeking to build eight homes on the site of a former tennis club in Temple Fortune.
Developers London North West Properties and Templars Properties submitted a new application to Barnet Council late last year - and Barnet Council officers are recommending that its planning committee approves the scheme.
Barnet councillors are now to consider the plans for the former Templars Tennis Club - which have drawn more than 140 comments on the council's planning portal - on Thursday (June 10).
Supporters have backed the retention of two tennis courts and a multi-use sports area, but objectors remain concerned that the scheme is "very similar" to that which was previously rejected.
Plans were knocked back in November 2018 by the town hall's Finchley and Golders Green area planning committee, with councillors citing disruption to the street scene, loss of green space, and worries over the developer's plans for the site in the future.
This decision was upheld by a planning inspector at appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The developer previously described the scheme, saying: "The proposal would deliver much needed high quality family houses, with proceeds reinvested to create a high quality public sports facility."
- 1 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 2 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 3 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 4 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 5 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 6 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 7 Anger as second audit into £23m 'Mary Celeste' office block is delayed
- 8 London Marathon and charity event in aid of Diabetes UK
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Man stabbed on Finchley Road