Council set to rule again on old Temple Fortune tennis club redevelopment
- Credit: Archant
A developer is again seeking to build eight homes on the site of a former tennis club in Temple Fortune.
Developers London North West Properties and Templars Properties submitted a new application to Barnet Council late last year - and Barnet Council officers are recommending that its planning committee approves the scheme.
Barnet councillors are now to consider the plans for the former Templars Tennis Club - which have drawn more than 140 comments on the council's planning portal - on Thursday (June 10).
Supporters have backed the retention of two tennis courts and a multi-use sports area, but objectors remain concerned that the scheme is "very similar" to that which was previously rejected.
Plans were knocked back in November 2018 by the town hall's Finchley and Golders Green area planning committee, with councillors citing disruption to the street scene, loss of green space, and worries over the developer's plans for the site in the future.
This decision was upheld by a planning inspector at appeal.
You may also want to watch:
The developer previously described the scheme, saying: "The proposal would deliver much needed high quality family houses, with proceeds reinvested to create a high quality public sports facility."
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Alexandra Palace turns down request for green mast to mark Grenfell
- 6 Estate agent takes on 420km cycling challenge for British Asian Trust
- 7 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 8 Amazon Fresh convenience 'store without tills' opens in Chalk Farm
- 9 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 10 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair