Revealed: The cost of living near the best schools in and around Camden
- Credit: PA ARCHIVE IMAGES
Living near the best schools is a priority for any parent.
Being able to send your child to a school that's outstanding in the eyes of Ofsted is often a factor in where families set up home.
We've created an interactive map which shows you how much it will cost to live near one of the top schools across Camden Town, Hampstead, Muswell Hill and the surrounding areas.
Here's a breakdown of areas near you:
Outstanding primary schools Richard Cobden and Abacus Belsize are both located in this part of Camden.
A house right by Richard Cobden Primary will cost around £490,000, but the average price jumps to £692,500 in nearby Regent's Park or £990,000 in other adjacent neighbourhoods, including the area around Abacus Belsize.
- 1 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 2 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 9 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 10 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
Holy Trinity and Saint Silas Primary School and The Camden School for Girls are in the Camden Town area.
You can expect to pay between £685,000 and £1,130,000 for a house in the area surrounding the former.
Similarly, living near the latter could cost anywhere from £752,750 to £1,697,500, depending on the neighbourhood.
How much does it cost to live near outstanding schools in Kentish Town?
In the case of Kentish Town Church of England Primary School, average house prices in neighbouring streets vary from about £660,000 to almost £900,000.
This varies from £642,500 to £815,000 near to Torriano Primary School.
To live close to Eleanor Palmer Primary School, you’d likely pay £660,000 to £715,000.
A house on the streets surrounding Christ Church Primary School, Hampstead can cost anywhere from £1,111,250 to £1,603,999 on average.
But living a little further away could cost you more like £2,562,500.
It would cost about £900,000 to live in the vicinity of outstanding-rated special school, Royal Free Hospital Children's School.
Average house prices near Coldfall Primary School vary from a relatively affordable £562,500 to more than double that at £1,305,000, depending on the neighbourhood.
Similarly, houses near Our Lady of Muswell Catholic Primary School or Fortismere School range from £405,000 in some streets, £775,000 in others to £1,400,000 in a more pricey neighbourhood.
Some homes around Muswell Hill Primary School will cost a little over £400,000 – but others sell for a million pounds more.
Want to live near St James Church of England Primary School?
That will probably cost between £800,000 and £900,000 - but houses in more expensive surrounds will set you back double that.