Three dogs saved from Swiss Cottage flat fire
- Credit: London Fire Brigade
Two men and three dogs have been rescued from a Swiss Cottage flat fire.
The London Fire Brigade (LFB) said four fire engines and around 25 firefighters were called to Fellows Road on Friday evening (December 3).
A small part of a four-roomed flat on the third floor of the building was damaged by fire.
Two men were treated at the scene and firefighters led three dogs to safety, who were returned to their owner.
The brigade’s 999 control officers gave fire survival guidance to residents on how to stay safe before crews arrived.
The fire service was called at 6.42pm and the fire was under control by 7.49pm. Fire crews from West Hampstead, Kentish Town, Euston and Paddington fire stations attended the scene.
LFB said the fire is believed to have been accidental, but the exact cause has been recorded as undetermined.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 5 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 6 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 7 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 8 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
- 9 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 10 'Superior York stone’ to be laid in Hornsey Town Hall Square