Households plunged into darkness in power blackout
Residents of West Hampstead were plunged into darkness when a fault left them without power twice in two days. Greencroft Gardens residents woke up without power on Sunday after electricity supplies were interrupted at 3.10am. After a morning without lig
Residents of West Hampstead were plunged into darkness when a fault left them without power twice in two days.
Greencroft Gardens' residents woke up without power on Sunday after electricity supplies were interrupted at 3.10am.
After a morning without lights or electrical appliances there was resounding relief when it was finally restored at lunchtime. But on Monday morning at 9am power was lost again when supplies to residents were cut without notice.
A spokesperson for power company EDF said: "EDF Energy Networks apologises to customers in the Greencroft Gardens area of West Hampstead for the recent interruptions to their power supply.
You may also want to watch:
"A fault interrupted supplies to 150 customers at 3.10am on Sunday. Staff worked to restore supplies to all but one customer by 12.17pm.
"On Monday, staff located the fault on an underground cable and in order to excavate and repair the cable in safety we had to isolate supplies to customers in the area between just after 9am and 12.20pm.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
"Repair work was completed to restore supplies to one final customer at 2.36pm.