Households plunged into darkness in power blackout
Residents of West Hampstead were plunged into darkness when a fault left them without power twice in two days. Greencroft Gardens residents woke up without power on Sunday after electricity supplies were interrupted at 3.10am. After a morning without lig
Residents of West Hampstead were plunged into darkness when a fault left them without power twice in two days.
Greencroft Gardens' residents woke up without power on Sunday after electricity supplies were interrupted at 3.10am.
After a morning without lights or electrical appliances there was resounding relief when it was finally restored at lunchtime. But on Monday morning at 9am power was lost again when supplies to residents were cut without notice.
A spokesperson for power company EDF said: "EDF Energy Networks apologises to customers in the Greencroft Gardens area of West Hampstead for the recent interruptions to their power supply.
"A fault interrupted supplies to 150 customers at 3.10am on Sunday. Staff worked to restore supplies to all but one customer by 12.17pm.
"On Monday, staff located the fault on an underground cable and in order to excavate and repair the cable in safety we had to isolate supplies to customers in the area between just after 9am and 12.20pm.
- 1 Olivia Newton-John: From West Hampstead to worldwide fame
- 2 War veteran tackled suspected thief in Hampstead – and then 'got the sack'
- 3 Arsenal prove point in raid at Palace
- 4 Hundreds of children strip searched by Met Police
- 5 Historic images of Londoners enjoying the Heath go on show
- 6 'Bus cuts would disproportionately affect poor and disabled people'
- 7 Camden's first 'parklet' installed in Belsize Park
- 8 'Digital exclusion, state pension and the cost-of-living crisis'
- 9 MP backs Liz Truss's position on LGBT+ issues in leadership race
- 10 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
"Repair work was completed to restore supplies to one final customer at 2.36pm.