Households plunged into darkness in power blackout
Residents of West Hampstead were plunged into darkness when a fault left them without power twice in two days. Greencroft Gardens residents woke up without power on Sunday after electricity supplies were interrupted at 3.10am. After a morning without lig
Residents of West Hampstead were plunged into darkness when a fault left them without power twice in two days.
Greencroft Gardens' residents woke up without power on Sunday after electricity supplies were interrupted at 3.10am.
After a morning without lights or electrical appliances there was resounding relief when it was finally restored at lunchtime. But on Monday morning at 9am power was lost again when supplies to residents were cut without notice.
A spokesperson for power company EDF said: "EDF Energy Networks apologises to customers in the Greencroft Gardens area of West Hampstead for the recent interruptions to their power supply.
You may also want to watch:
"A fault interrupted supplies to 150 customers at 3.10am on Sunday. Staff worked to restore supplies to all but one customer by 12.17pm.
"On Monday, staff located the fault on an underground cable and in order to excavate and repair the cable in safety we had to isolate supplies to customers in the area between just after 9am and 12.20pm.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
"Repair work was completed to restore supplies to one final customer at 2.36pm.