House dispute means things aren't merry for Thierry
FOOTBALLER Thierry Henry could be waving goodbye to his £6 million Hampstead pad if things turn sour in his divorce hearing. The former Arsenal and Barcelona striker has held onto his north London home since he split from model Claire Merry last September
FOOTBALLER Thierry Henry could be waving goodbye to his £6 million Hampstead pad if things turn sour in his divorce hearing.
The former Arsenal and Barcelona striker has held onto his north London home since he split from model Claire Merry last September.
Last week at the High Court they failed to agree a settlement, as she wants up to £10 million and at least a share of the Hampstead home.
Having met while filming the 'Va Va Voom' adverts for Renault in 2001, Ms Merry has now hired Fiona Shackleton, who acted for Sir Paul McCartney in his divorce, in a bid to reap some of the soccer star's estimated £25 million fortune.
You may also want to watch:
Things turned sour when Henry was spotted on dates with make-up artist Sadie Hewlett. It looks unlikely there'll be any making up between the footballer and his former wife, who could become a firm fixture in Hampstead life if she wins the house.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'