House dispute means things aren't merry for Thierry
FOOTBALLER Thierry Henry could be waving goodbye to his £6 million Hampstead pad if things turn sour in his divorce hearing. The former Arsenal and Barcelona striker has held onto his north London home since he split from model Claire Merry last September
FOOTBALLER Thierry Henry could be waving goodbye to his £6 million Hampstead pad if things turn sour in his divorce hearing.
The former Arsenal and Barcelona striker has held onto his north London home since he split from model Claire Merry last September.
Last week at the High Court they failed to agree a settlement, as she wants up to £10 million and at least a share of the Hampstead home.
Having met while filming the 'Va Va Voom' adverts for Renault in 2001, Ms Merry has now hired Fiona Shackleton, who acted for Sir Paul McCartney in his divorce, in a bid to reap some of the soccer star's estimated £25 million fortune.
You may also want to watch:
Things turned sour when Henry was spotted on dates with make-up artist Sadie Hewlett. It looks unlikely there'll be any making up between the footballer and his former wife, who could become a firm fixture in Hampstead life if she wins the house.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 8 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points