House collapses in West Hampstead
- Credit: Chris Simpson
The London Fire Brigade are on the scene as a house has collapsed on Sumatra Road, in West Hampstead.
According to the fire brigade the house has collapsed from the roof down to basement level.
They were called to the house at 12.03pm, to reports of a house collapsing near the junction with Kingdon Road.
Nobody has been reported injured, and there is currently no indication as to how it happened.
Around 10 residents from properties nearby have been evacuated as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
The site is currently cordoned off. The fire brigade are liaising with Camden Council’s structural engineer.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill