House collapses in West Hampstead
- Credit: Chris Simpson
The London Fire Brigade are on the scene as a house has collapsed on Sumatra Road, in West Hampstead.
According to the fire brigade the house has collapsed from the roof down to basement level.
They were called to the house at 12.03pm, to reports of a house collapsing near the junction with Kingdon Road.
Nobody has been reported injured, and there is currently no indication as to how it happened.
Around 10 residents from properties nearby have been evacuated as a precaution.
You may also want to watch:
The site is currently cordoned off. The fire brigade are liaising with Camden Council’s structural engineer.
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office