Horse Talk betting tips: Ruler of the World can conquer the Curragh
Ruler Of The World won the Derby and Talent landed the Oaks at the Investec meeting at Epsom – offering clues for upcoming races at Royal Ascot and the Curragh.
Ruler Of The World heads the betting at 15-8 for the Irish Derby on June 29 at the Curragh, while the Irish Oaks in July is the target for Talent.
Meanwhile the Hardwicke Stakes at Royal Ascot, taking place from June 18 to 22, is the probable aim for St Nicholas Abbey, who thumped a boutique field to record a hat-trick of victories in the Group 1 Investec Coronation Cup.
“He is a great horse,” said Aidan O’Brien said. “He has everything you want in a racehorse – he settles, travels and quickens. It’s a joy to be around him and it’s a real privilege to be involved with him.”
The six-year-old looks set to be joined at Royal Ascot by Thunder Strike, who extended his unbeaten record to three wins with an impressive victory in the Woodcote Stakes.
“Now that he’s won a Listed race the Windsor Castle Stakes is out, so we’ll look at the Coventry and Norfolk Stakes,” said assistant trainer Richard Hannon jnr.
Royal Ascot is also the target for Thistle Bird, winner of the Group 3 Princess Elizabeth Stakes at Epsom last Friday.
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 4 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 5 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 6 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 7 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 8 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged
- 9 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
- 10 Haringey Council SEND failures: 'Some parents are on antidepressants'
“I think she goes on any ground, except for extremes, and we will head to Royal Ascot for the Duke of Cambridge Stakes,” said her trainer Roger Charlton.
Simon Jackson is a freelance racing journalist based in north west London. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for press and PR enquiries, or racing/betting related news stories and features.