Horrified by tirade against Tesco, now my favourite store
I READ with horror Marcia MacLeod s onslaught against Tesco. It was ironic that I read it after buying your paper in England s Lane, which I always do as I do buy my cats food from Tesco. It was even more ironic that when going down to Tesco I ran into a
I READ with horror Marcia MacLeod's onslaught against Tesco. It was ironic that I read it after buying your paper in England's Lane, which I always do as I do buy my cats' food from Tesco.
It was even more ironic that when going down to Tesco I ran into a neighbour from the Camden Council bed-sit accommodation in which we both live. I am aged 70 and I believe she would be much the same age. I asked where she was going and she said she was going to Tesco, "It's so convenient" she said. Quite.
I would be interested to know your correspondent's age.
When I was working I travelled some distance and had a car. I don't any more - it's too expensive, not least because of parking, congestion charge etc. The availability of a good store within easy walking distance is good for the people and good for the environment.
You may also want to watch:
I have heard no complaints from residents. The only noise nuisance I notice might apply is the smoking ban where people are smoking and chattering underneath what appear to be the windows of flats above the pub.
Ms MacLeod might consider this. When I was working a distance from home and had to travel by car with parking provided, I did a daily long distance travel there and back five days a week. I entertained regularly and used my car to go to supermarkets en route to stock up, to provide a three course meal for four to six people.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 5 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 6 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 7 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 10 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
None of that applies today - I do not cook large dinners for friends, etc. I don't need a car. I can walk easily to the convenient Tesco - as it seems, so do my neighbours. I buy my cat food there and carry it home.
The Tesco staff are marvellous and the queues go down quickly. They answer questions politely and indeed when I ask about something and can't find it, they go and get it for me.
I do not believe Tesco local stores would last long if people didn't use them - they last because people use them.
LET THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES!
Belsize Grove, NW3