Hornsey Town Hall’s new arts centre boss to share plans in public meetings
- Credit: Archant
The boss of Hornsey Town Hall’s new arts operator is to present his vision for how the Grade II*-listed venue is to be used.
In September the developer behind plans to restore the Crouch End site, Far East Consortium (FEC), said Time + Space Co would run the arts centre.
Time + Space boss Piers Read said: “As a member of the community I have experienced first-hand the value and importance of Hornsey Town Hall.
“The events will be a great opportunity for me to share our vision and ideas which I hope will make this iconic landmark even more of a beating heart of the community than it already is today,” he added.
The events include a question and answer session, with Mr Read responding to queries about the arts operation of the proposed Town Hall plans.
You may also want to watch:
Since being appointed, Time + Space has discussed its plans with arts centre managers ANA Art Projects besides Crouch End Festival organisers, The Hornsey Town Hall Appreciation Society, Crouch End Neighbourhood Forum, Hornsey Town Hall Creative Trust, Crouch End Walks and Weston and Haringey Parks Residents’ Association.
The new managers are to oversee programming including theatre, comedy acts, gigs, community classes, private functions and meeting spaces.
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 4 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 10 Obituary: Psychotherapist and author Dr Joseph Berke
A Time + Space spokeswoman said the “primary goal” is to make sure space set aside for the community would be available for at least 60 per cent of the total hours of operation during any period of six months in a calendar year.
She added Time + Space is committed to “fair and variable” pricing to make the arts venue as accessible as possible.
Mr Read will be in the Town Hall’s council chamber on Thursday, November 23 at 7.30pm and on Saturday 25 at 11am.