Hornsey and Wood Green: ‘A Green vote is a vote for life’
- Credit: Archant
The Green Party candidate for Hornsey and Wood Green will focus on the importance of living alongside the environment – something “only the Greens can really deliver”.
Sam Hall, a therapist and environmental consultant, is hoping to win the seat in the June 8 general election.
Mr Hall said the main reason he is standing is because “environmental issues aren’t given enough weight”.
He added: “As a father and a local resident I want to make sure we breath fresh air and our kids engage with nature.
“From nature to human wellbeing the Greens make the links between social, environmental and economic issues.”
You may also want to watch:
The 43-year-old, who also celebrates his birthday on polling day, has an MSc in environmental management and a diploma in psychotherapy and counselling.
He runs an environmental consultancy firm with his wife from the shed at the bottom of his garden, and also volunteers as a counsellor for Mind in Haringey.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
Mr Hall said he shares the working week, as well as the childcare for his two daughters, with his business partner wife.
He added: “A green vote is a vote for life.
“Health and wellbeing at the personal and global level is something that we can all agree is important, but only the greens can really deliver.”