Hornsey and Wood Green: ‘A Green vote is a vote for life’
- Credit: Archant
The Green Party candidate for Hornsey and Wood Green will focus on the importance of living alongside the environment – something “only the Greens can really deliver”.
Sam Hall, a therapist and environmental consultant, is hoping to win the seat in the June 8 general election.
Mr Hall said the main reason he is standing is because “environmental issues aren’t given enough weight”.
He added: “As a father and a local resident I want to make sure we breath fresh air and our kids engage with nature.
“From nature to human wellbeing the Greens make the links between social, environmental and economic issues.”
The 43-year-old, who also celebrates his birthday on polling day, has an MSc in environmental management and a diploma in psychotherapy and counselling.
He runs an environmental consultancy firm with his wife from the shed at the bottom of his garden, and also volunteers as a counsellor for Mind in Haringey.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 4 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 5 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 6 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
- 7 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 8 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
Mr Hall said he shares the working week, as well as the childcare for his two daughters, with his business partner wife.
He added: “A green vote is a vote for life.
“Health and wellbeing at the personal and global level is something that we can all agree is important, but only the greens can really deliver.”