Hornsey and Wood Green: ‘A Green vote is a vote for life’
- Credit: Archant
The Green Party candidate for Hornsey and Wood Green will focus on the importance of living alongside the environment – something “only the Greens can really deliver”.
Sam Hall, a therapist and environmental consultant, is hoping to win the seat in the June 8 general election.
Mr Hall said the main reason he is standing is because “environmental issues aren’t given enough weight”.
He added: “As a father and a local resident I want to make sure we breath fresh air and our kids engage with nature.
“From nature to human wellbeing the Greens make the links between social, environmental and economic issues.”
You may also want to watch:
The 43-year-old, who also celebrates his birthday on polling day, has an MSc in environmental management and a diploma in psychotherapy and counselling.
He runs an environmental consultancy firm with his wife from the shed at the bottom of his garden, and also volunteers as a counsellor for Mind in Haringey.
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
Mr Hall said he shares the working week, as well as the childcare for his two daughters, with his business partner wife.
He added: “A green vote is a vote for life.
“Health and wellbeing at the personal and global level is something that we can all agree is important, but only the greens can really deliver.”