Homeland star Damian Lewis and wife Helen McCrory to switch on Highgate Christmas lights
Homeland actor Damian Lewis and his wife Helen McCrory, who starred in Skyfall and the Harry Potter films, will be switching on the Highgate Christmas lights in Pond Square on Saturday, it has been announced.
The star couple, who live in Tufnell Park, will turn on the lights along Highgate High Street at the Highgate Christmas Festival at 4pm.
Channel 4 presenter Alex Zane had been signed up to host the festive spectacular but had to drop out because of other commitments.
Organisers hope this year’s event will be even bigger and better than last year’s with a carriage from Strictly Come Dancing’s Christmas spectacular show and a singing Christmas tree.
There will be a stage in South Grove and celebrity guests and sponsors can mingle in the VIP area at the Highgate Society in South Grove.
You may also want to watch:
Two ballet dancers will perform in a giant snow globe while three reindeer and their elvish handlers will make residents feel like Christmas has come early.
Father Christmas will be sitting in a tree-lined grotto and fairies will go around granting wishes.
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 3 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 4 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 5 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 6 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 7 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 8 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
Mulled wine and a hog roast will be just some of the tasty offerings guests can sample.
The festival runs from 2.30pm until 6pm.
The event’s main sponsors are Goldschimdt & Howland, Streathers Solicitors, Highgate Private Hospital, Litchfields, Prickett & Ellis Underhill, the Highgate Society and the Witanhurst estate.