Homeland star Damian Lewis and wife Helen McCrory to switch on Highgate Christmas lights
Homeland actor Damian Lewis and his wife Helen McCrory, who starred in Skyfall and the Harry Potter films, will be switching on the Highgate Christmas lights in Pond Square on Saturday, it has been announced.
The star couple, who live in Tufnell Park, will turn on the lights along Highgate High Street at the Highgate Christmas Festival at 4pm.
Channel 4 presenter Alex Zane had been signed up to host the festive spectacular but had to drop out because of other commitments.
Organisers hope this year’s event will be even bigger and better than last year’s with a carriage from Strictly Come Dancing’s Christmas spectacular show and a singing Christmas tree.
There will be a stage in South Grove and celebrity guests and sponsors can mingle in the VIP area at the Highgate Society in South Grove.
You may also want to watch:
Two ballet dancers will perform in a giant snow globe while three reindeer and their elvish handlers will make residents feel like Christmas has come early.
Father Christmas will be sitting in a tree-lined grotto and fairies will go around granting wishes.
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 4 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 5 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 6 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 7 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 8 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
Mulled wine and a hog roast will be just some of the tasty offerings guests can sample.
The festival runs from 2.30pm until 6pm.
The event’s main sponsors are Goldschimdt & Howland, Streathers Solicitors, Highgate Private Hospital, Litchfields, Prickett & Ellis Underhill, the Highgate Society and the Witanhurst estate.