Hollywood star set to light up Highgate
Actor Andy Serkis – best known as Gollum in Lord Of The Rings – will bring cheer to Highgate when he switches on the Christmas lights.
Crouch End resident Mr Serkis (pictured right) will be special guest at a Christmas event on Friday November 26.
Chris Underhill, of Prickett and Ellis Underhill estate agents, said: “I’m absolutely delighted that we’ve got a Hollywood A-lister to turn on the lights. He’s one of the biggest names we’ve ever had and he was thrilled to accept. He’s going to come with his wife and children.”
Mr Underhill said that Mr Serkis had agreed after the two met while he was searching for a new house.
“He lives in Crouch End and wants to move to Highgate,” said Mr Underhill.
You may also want to watch:
The lights will be switched on at the corner of Pond Square and Highgate High Street at 4.30pm. Costa Coffee will be handing out free hot chocolate to spectators.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 3 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 4 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 5 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 6 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 10 Lockdown landscape artist changes job to paint full time