Hollywood star set to light up Highgate
Actor Andy Serkis – best known as Gollum in Lord Of The Rings – will bring cheer to Highgate when he switches on the Christmas lights.
Crouch End resident Mr Serkis (pictured right) will be special guest at a Christmas event on Friday November 26.
Chris Underhill, of Prickett and Ellis Underhill estate agents, said: “I’m absolutely delighted that we’ve got a Hollywood A-lister to turn on the lights. He’s one of the biggest names we’ve ever had and he was thrilled to accept. He’s going to come with his wife and children.”
Mr Underhill said that Mr Serkis had agreed after the two met while he was searching for a new house.
“He lives in Crouch End and wants to move to Highgate,” said Mr Underhill.
You may also want to watch:
The lights will be switched on at the corner of Pond Square and Highgate High Street at 4.30pm. Costa Coffee will be handing out free hot chocolate to spectators.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 3 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 8 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 9 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 10 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office