Hollywood star set to light up Highgate
Actor Andy Serkis – best known as Gollum in Lord Of The Rings – will bring cheer to Highgate when he switches on the Christmas lights.
Crouch End resident Mr Serkis (pictured right) will be special guest at a Christmas event on Friday November 26.
Chris Underhill, of Prickett and Ellis Underhill estate agents, said: “I’m absolutely delighted that we’ve got a Hollywood A-lister to turn on the lights. He’s one of the biggest names we’ve ever had and he was thrilled to accept. He’s going to come with his wife and children.”
Mr Underhill said that Mr Serkis had agreed after the two met while he was searching for a new house.
“He lives in Crouch End and wants to move to Highgate,” said Mr Underhill.
You may also want to watch:
The lights will be switched on at the corner of Pond Square and Highgate High Street at 4.30pm. Costa Coffee will be handing out free hot chocolate to spectators.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again