Holly Lodge Community Centre provides three-course meals for elderly thanks to Highgate Tesco food donations
- Credit: �ParsonsMedia.net
Holly Lodge Community Centre is providing three-course lunches for the elderly thanks to food donations from Tesco Express in Highgate.
Part of the Community Food Connection initiative, the lunches on Mondays and Thursdays feed up to 35 people, most of whom are retired, and is run in in partnership with food charity FareShare.
Holly Lodge Community Centre, in Makepeace Avenue, receives suprlus food two times a week from the scheme, which has run since 2018, and where participants are able to enjoy hot meals and take part in group activities such as board games and film showings.
Martin Floyd, a volunteer at the centre, said: "The whole system was set up wonderfully well, it's very clear and it operates efficiently. The donations from Tesco are always gratefully received on Monday and Friday.
"A professional cook uses the ingredients to create the three-course meals and they are very good too."
You may also want to watch:
Charities or community groups can sign up to the scheme at fareshare.org.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale
- 9 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 10 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home