Holly Lodge Community Centre provides three-course meals for elderly thanks to Highgate Tesco food donations
- Credit: �ParsonsMedia.net
Holly Lodge Community Centre is providing three-course lunches for the elderly thanks to food donations from Tesco Express in Highgate.
Part of the Community Food Connection initiative, the lunches on Mondays and Thursdays feed up to 35 people, most of whom are retired, and is run in in partnership with food charity FareShare.
Holly Lodge Community Centre, in Makepeace Avenue, receives suprlus food two times a week from the scheme, which has run since 2018, and where participants are able to enjoy hot meals and take part in group activities such as board games and film showings.
Martin Floyd, a volunteer at the centre, said: "The whole system was set up wonderfully well, it's very clear and it operates efficiently. The donations from Tesco are always gratefully received on Monday and Friday.
"A professional cook uses the ingredients to create the three-course meals and they are very good too."
You may also want to watch:
Charities or community groups can sign up to the scheme at fareshare.org.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 5 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 6 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 7 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 8 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 9 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 10 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre