Holly Lodge Community Centre provides three-course meals for elderly thanks to Highgate Tesco food donations
- Credit: �ParsonsMedia.net
Holly Lodge Community Centre is providing three-course lunches for the elderly thanks to food donations from Tesco Express in Highgate.
Part of the Community Food Connection initiative, the lunches on Mondays and Thursdays feed up to 35 people, most of whom are retired, and is run in in partnership with food charity FareShare.
Holly Lodge Community Centre, in Makepeace Avenue, receives suprlus food two times a week from the scheme, which has run since 2018, and where participants are able to enjoy hot meals and take part in group activities such as board games and film showings.
Martin Floyd, a volunteer at the centre, said: "The whole system was set up wonderfully well, it's very clear and it operates efficiently. The donations from Tesco are always gratefully received on Monday and Friday.
"A professional cook uses the ingredients to create the three-course meals and they are very good too."
You may also want to watch:
Charities or community groups can sign up to the scheme at fareshare.org.
- 1 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 2 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 5 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 6 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 7 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 8 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'