Highgate Literary and Scientific Institution to host a ‘bear hunt’ as part of children’s book festival
- Credit: Archant
Families will have the chance to go on a bear hunt this weekend, at Highgate Literary and Scientific Institute’s children’s book fair.
The hunts around the HLSI’s building in South Grove will take place at 10.15am, 10.45am, 11.15am and 11.45am on Saturday.
There will also be activities for children, refreshments, face painting, second-hand book sales and Muswell Hill Children’s Bookshop will be present.
The event marks three decades since Michael Rosen’s book, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, which was illustrated by Hampstead’s Helen Oxenbury.
Attendance is free, with membership not required. People wanting to take part in the free bear hunt will need to book in advance.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Mackay, the HLSI’s librarian said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming families for a fun, interactive day for children. They can go on a bear hunt, and meet the bear itself.”
Anyone looking to book for the bear hunt can call 020 8340 3343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 2 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 3 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 4 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
- 9 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 10 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill