Highgate Literary and Scientific Institution to host a ‘bear hunt’ as part of children’s book festival
- Credit: Archant
Families will have the chance to go on a bear hunt this weekend, at Highgate Literary and Scientific Institute’s children’s book fair.
The hunts around the HLSI’s building in South Grove will take place at 10.15am, 10.45am, 11.15am and 11.45am on Saturday.
There will also be activities for children, refreshments, face painting, second-hand book sales and Muswell Hill Children’s Bookshop will be present.
The event marks three decades since Michael Rosen’s book, We’re Going on a Bear Hunt, which was illustrated by Hampstead’s Helen Oxenbury.
Attendance is free, with membership not required. People wanting to take part in the free bear hunt will need to book in advance.
You may also want to watch:
Margaret Mackay, the HLSI’s librarian said: “We’re looking forward to welcoming families for a fun, interactive day for children. They can go on a bear hunt, and meet the bear itself.”
Anyone looking to book for the bear hunt can call 020 8340 3343 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 5 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home