Hleb may have played last game of the season for Gunners
By Jem Maidment Alexander Hleb will find out tomorrow if he has played his last of the season – and possibly for Arsenal – after he was charged with violent conduct by the Football Association. The Belarus winger was involved in an off-the-ball clash with
By Jem Maidment
Alexander Hleb will find out tomorrow if he has played his last of the season - and possibly for Arsenal - after he was charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.
The Belarus winger was involved in an off-the-ball clash with Reading captain Graeme Murty during last Saturday's 2-0 win at the Emirates.
He is expected to respond to the charge and will learn his fate when a regulatory commission set to hear the case meets at the FA's Soho Square headquarters on Thursday.
Hleb appeared to strike the Royals defender, but the incident was completely missed by referee Peter Walton.
However, FA officials reviewed television footage and charged the Arsenal winger on Tuesday.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 7 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 8 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 9 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 10 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
For more on this story, see this week's Ham&high