Hleb may have played last game of the season for Gunners
By Jem Maidment Alexander Hleb will find out tomorrow if he has played his last of the season – and possibly for Arsenal – after he was charged with violent conduct by the Football Association. The Belarus winger was involved in an off-the-ball clash with
By Jem Maidment
Alexander Hleb will find out tomorrow if he has played his last of the season - and possibly for Arsenal - after he was charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.
The Belarus winger was involved in an off-the-ball clash with Reading captain Graeme Murty during last Saturday's 2-0 win at the Emirates.
He is expected to respond to the charge and will learn his fate when a regulatory commission set to hear the case meets at the FA's Soho Square headquarters on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Hleb appeared to strike the Royals defender, but the incident was completely missed by referee Peter Walton.
However, FA officials reviewed television footage and charged the Arsenal winger on Tuesday.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 4 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 5 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 6 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 7 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 8 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 9 Letter on shopping for one!
- 10 84 West Heath Road planning decision deferred again by Barnet Council
For more on this story, see this week's Ham&high