Hleb may have played last game of the season for Gunners
By Jem Maidment Alexander Hleb will find out tomorrow if he has played his last of the season – and possibly for Arsenal – after he was charged with violent conduct by the Football Association. The Belarus winger was involved in an off-the-ball clash with
By Jem Maidment
Alexander Hleb will find out tomorrow if he has played his last of the season - and possibly for Arsenal - after he was charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.
The Belarus winger was involved in an off-the-ball clash with Reading captain Graeme Murty during last Saturday's 2-0 win at the Emirates.
He is expected to respond to the charge and will learn his fate when a regulatory commission set to hear the case meets at the FA's Soho Square headquarters on Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
Hleb appeared to strike the Royals defender, but the incident was completely missed by referee Peter Walton.
However, FA officials reviewed television footage and charged the Arsenal winger on Tuesday.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
For more on this story, see this week's Ham&high