Hit-and-run victim was 20 years old
FURTHER details have emerged of the young woman who was killed in a hit-and-run collision in Belsize this morning.
Police have established the victim, who was struck by a vehicle just before 2am, was a 20-year-old.
A post-mortem is being arranged and officers are trying to trace her next of kin. Haverstock Hill remains closed to traffic while police conduct their investigation to try and establish the circumstances of the collision.
Initial reports suggest the woman may have been dragged from nearby the Royal Free Hospital in Pond Street as far as the BP Garage in Haverstock Hill.
A police spokesman said: “At this early stage, it is believed the woman may have been involved in a collision with a vehicle that did not stop at the scene.”
Heidi McDougal, who works in the Marie Curie charity shop, said: “I travel in from Finsbury Park and when I arrived for work this morning I couldn’t get in at all. By the time I arrived everything had been cleared away, because the accident happened at 2am.”
Anyone with information that may assist the investigation is asked to call the Collision Investigation Unit on 020-8998 5319.
- 1 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 2 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 5 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 6 Could Adama Traore be on his way to Tottenham?
- 7 Covid patient numbers levelling out after Christmas rise, data suggests
- 8 Discover north London’s ‘lost’ synagogue
- 9 'Ruining our vibe': Muswell Hill coffee shop divides community opinion
- 10 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'