Highgate Wood teachers are taught how to teach on TV
HIGHGATE Wood School will be featured in a television programme next week advising teachers how to do their jobs. An episode of Teaching with Bayley was filmed in April 2006 but will air on Monday on satellite channel Teachers TV. The 8.45pm episode featu
HIGHGATE Wood School will be featured in a television programme next week advising teachers how to do their jobs.
An episode of Teaching with Bayley was filmed in April 2006 but will air on Monday on satellite channel Teachers TV.
The 8.45pm episode features education consultant John Bayley (pictured left) observing a music class taught by Teddy Prout, 30.
Mr Bayley told the Broadway: "Teddy was already an inspiring teacher but nonetheless needed to assert himself better and be more explicit when setting a task, for his lessons to be truly effective."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Prout, who now teaches at Friern Barnet School, said: "It was very useful. John Bayley is fantastic - he's an amazing mentor.
"He looked at how to deal with the stress produced by very long days. He picked a day when I was working for 12 hours, which was quite entertaining. He gave me some techniques which were very successful and I still use them today."
- 1 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 6 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 7 Camden's deputy mayor ditches Labour to join Greens
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
The show will be repeated on Saturday November 15 at 7.45pm.