Highgate Wood teachers are taught how to teach on TV
HIGHGATE Wood School will be featured in a television programme next week advising teachers how to do their jobs. An episode of Teaching with Bayley was filmed in April 2006 but will air on Monday on satellite channel Teachers TV. The 8.45pm episode featu
HIGHGATE Wood School will be featured in a television programme next week advising teachers how to do their jobs.
An episode of Teaching with Bayley was filmed in April 2006 but will air on Monday on satellite channel Teachers TV.
The 8.45pm episode features education consultant John Bayley (pictured left) observing a music class taught by Teddy Prout, 30.
Mr Bayley told the Broadway: "Teddy was already an inspiring teacher but nonetheless needed to assert himself better and be more explicit when setting a task, for his lessons to be truly effective."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Prout, who now teaches at Friern Barnet School, said: "It was very useful. John Bayley is fantastic - he's an amazing mentor.
"He looked at how to deal with the stress produced by very long days. He picked a day when I was working for 12 hours, which was quite entertaining. He gave me some techniques which were very successful and I still use them today."
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 5 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 10 'Time for the government to face up to the climate emergency'
The show will be repeated on Saturday November 15 at 7.45pm.