Highgate Wood teachers are taught how to teach on TV
HIGHGATE Wood School will be featured in a television programme next week advising teachers how to do their jobs. An episode of Teaching with Bayley was filmed in April 2006 but will air on Monday on satellite channel Teachers TV. The 8.45pm episode featu
HIGHGATE Wood School will be featured in a television programme next week advising teachers how to do their jobs.
An episode of Teaching with Bayley was filmed in April 2006 but will air on Monday on satellite channel Teachers TV.
The 8.45pm episode features education consultant John Bayley (pictured left) observing a music class taught by Teddy Prout, 30.
Mr Bayley told the Broadway: "Teddy was already an inspiring teacher but nonetheless needed to assert himself better and be more explicit when setting a task, for his lessons to be truly effective."
You may also want to watch:
Mr Prout, who now teaches at Friern Barnet School, said: "It was very useful. John Bayley is fantastic - he's an amazing mentor.
"He looked at how to deal with the stress produced by very long days. He picked a day when I was working for 12 hours, which was quite entertaining. He gave me some techniques which were very successful and I still use them today."
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Good Karma: Charity shop opens in former Gap in Hampstead High Street
The show will be repeated on Saturday November 15 at 7.45pm.