Highgate Wood teachers are taught how to teach on TV
HIGHGATE Wood School will be featured in a television programme next week advising teachers how to do their jobs. An episode of Teaching with Bayley was filmed in April 2006 but will air on Monday on satellite channel Teachers TV. The 8.45pm episode featu
HIGHGATE Wood School will be featured in a television programme next week advising teachers how to do their jobs.
An episode of Teaching with Bayley was filmed in April 2006 but will air on Monday on satellite channel Teachers TV.
The 8.45pm episode features education consultant John Bayley (pictured left) observing a music class taught by Teddy Prout, 30.
Mr Bayley told the Broadway: "Teddy was already an inspiring teacher but nonetheless needed to assert himself better and be more explicit when setting a task, for his lessons to be truly effective."
Mr Prout, who now teaches at Friern Barnet School, said: "It was very useful. John Bayley is fantastic - he's an amazing mentor.
"He looked at how to deal with the stress produced by very long days. He picked a day when I was working for 12 hours, which was quite entertaining. He gave me some techniques which were very successful and I still use them today."
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Camden councillors set to give themselves a pay rise
- 5 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 6 Heath patrols to increase after fisherman robbed at knifepoint
- 7 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 8 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 9 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 10 Five bedroom Arts and Crafts style house with landscaped garden in Muswell Hill/East Finchley borders
The show will be repeated on Saturday November 15 at 7.45pm.