Highgate walkabouts reveal ways of improving neighbourhood
People in Highgate have been exploring their neighbourhood to discover ways of improving it.
The Place Check Walkabouts were organised by the newly formed Highgate Neighbourhood Forum.
The group invited the community to explore the area on foot for an hour-and-a-half on Monday to help develop a neighbourhood plan. Their findings will be reported back to the next forum meeting on September 27.
Forum member Maggy Meade-King said: “The Place Check walks were a fun and interesting way of looking at Highgate with fresh eyes.
“We’ve all been wandering around streets which we don’t know very well, looking up at the architecture and down at the state of the pavements, as well as the dustbins blocking the way. We have also been discussing what can be done about traffic and parking.
You may also want to watch:
“We met several people with lots to say about their neighbourhood and we learned a great deal from them.”
For more information, visit www.highgateneighbour hoodforum.org.uk.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 9 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
- 10 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action