Highgate walkabouts reveal ways of improving neighbourhood
People in Highgate have been exploring their neighbourhood to discover ways of improving it.
The Place Check Walkabouts were organised by the newly formed Highgate Neighbourhood Forum.
The group invited the community to explore the area on foot for an hour-and-a-half on Monday to help develop a neighbourhood plan. Their findings will be reported back to the next forum meeting on September 27.
Forum member Maggy Meade-King said: “The Place Check walks were a fun and interesting way of looking at Highgate with fresh eyes.
“We’ve all been wandering around streets which we don’t know very well, looking up at the architecture and down at the state of the pavements, as well as the dustbins blocking the way. We have also been discussing what can be done about traffic and parking.
You may also want to watch:
“We met several people with lots to say about their neighbourhood and we learned a great deal from them.”
For more information, visit www.highgateneighbour hoodforum.org.uk.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Discovering 'rich' poetry of Hampstead Heath on guided tours
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 7 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 8 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 9 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate