Highgate singer George Michael died of natural causes
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A coroner has reported that the late singer died on Christmas Day of natural causes and there is no need for an inquest
The Careless Whisper singer died of natural causes from dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, a coroner has said.
The 53-year-old was found dead at his second home in Goring-on-Thames on Christmas Day.
Oxfordshire’s senior coroner Darren Salter said in a statement: “Inquires into the death of George Michael have been concluded and the final post mortem report received.
“As there is a confirmed natural cause of death, being dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, the investigation is being discontinued and there is no need for an inquest or any further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
“No further updates will be provided and the family requests the media and public respect their privacy.”
As previously reported in the Ham&High, it was revealed after his death that The Grove resident George Michael secretly funded the Highgate Christmas tree and Highgate’s Fair in the Square.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 4 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 5 Brent Cross Shopping Centre stabbing victim named
- 6 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 7 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 8 Tim Burton's former Primrose Hill home on the market for £20m
- 9 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 10 'Now we hope for the best' – independent traders in Muswell Hill
Residents are currently petitioning for there to be a statue outside his old home in The Grove.