Highgate singer George Michael died of natural causes
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A coroner has reported that the late singer died on Christmas Day of natural causes and there is no need for an inquest
The Careless Whisper singer died of natural causes from dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, a coroner has said.
The 53-year-old was found dead at his second home in Goring-on-Thames on Christmas Day.
Oxfordshire’s senior coroner Darren Salter said in a statement: “Inquires into the death of George Michael have been concluded and the final post mortem report received.
“As there is a confirmed natural cause of death, being dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, the investigation is being discontinued and there is no need for an inquest or any further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
“No further updates will be provided and the family requests the media and public respect their privacy.”
As previously reported in the Ham&High, it was revealed after his death that The Grove resident George Michael secretly funded the Highgate Christmas tree and Highgate’s Fair in the Square.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
Residents are currently petitioning for there to be a statue outside his old home in The Grove.