Highgate singer George Michael died of natural causes
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A coroner has reported that the late singer died on Christmas Day of natural causes and there is no need for an inquest
The Careless Whisper singer died of natural causes from dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, a coroner has said.
The 53-year-old was found dead at his second home in Goring-on-Thames on Christmas Day.
Oxfordshire’s senior coroner Darren Salter said in a statement: “Inquires into the death of George Michael have been concluded and the final post mortem report received.
“As there is a confirmed natural cause of death, being dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, the investigation is being discontinued and there is no need for an inquest or any further inquiries.
“No further updates will be provided and the family requests the media and public respect their privacy.”
As previously reported in the Ham&High, it was revealed after his death that The Grove resident George Michael secretly funded the Highgate Christmas tree and Highgate’s Fair in the Square.
- 1 Fans pray for Bosco 'and his big stick' as he goes into surgery
- 2 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 3 Covid admissions on the rise at north London hospitals
- 4 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 5 Crouch End Festival: 'Back with a bang bigger than ever'
- 6 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 7 Golders Green school hosts reunion ahead of closure
- 8 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 9 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
- 10 Chalcots: Camden Council lawsuit ran up £6m legal bill in under three years
Residents are currently petitioning for there to be a statue outside his old home in The Grove.