Highgate singer George Michael died of natural causes
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A coroner has reported that the late singer died on Christmas Day of natural causes and there is no need for an inquest
The Careless Whisper singer died of natural causes from dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, a coroner has said.
The 53-year-old was found dead at his second home in Goring-on-Thames on Christmas Day.
Oxfordshire’s senior coroner Darren Salter said in a statement: “Inquires into the death of George Michael have been concluded and the final post mortem report received.
“As there is a confirmed natural cause of death, being dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, the investigation is being discontinued and there is no need for an inquest or any further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
“No further updates will be provided and the family requests the media and public respect their privacy.”
As previously reported in the Ham&High, it was revealed after his death that The Grove resident George Michael secretly funded the Highgate Christmas tree and Highgate’s Fair in the Square.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 8 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 9 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 10 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
Residents are currently petitioning for there to be a statue outside his old home in The Grove.