Highgate singer George Michael died of natural causes
- Credit: PA Wire/Press Association Images
A coroner has reported that the late singer died on Christmas Day of natural causes and there is no need for an inquest
The Careless Whisper singer died of natural causes from dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, a coroner has said.
The 53-year-old was found dead at his second home in Goring-on-Thames on Christmas Day.
Oxfordshire’s senior coroner Darren Salter said in a statement: “Inquires into the death of George Michael have been concluded and the final post mortem report received.
“As there is a confirmed natural cause of death, being dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, the investigation is being discontinued and there is no need for an inquest or any further inquiries.
You may also want to watch:
“No further updates will be provided and the family requests the media and public respect their privacy.”
As previously reported in the Ham&High, it was revealed after his death that The Grove resident George Michael secretly funded the Highgate Christmas tree and Highgate’s Fair in the Square.
- 1 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 2 Tottenham squad is slowly taking shape but uncertainty remains
- 3 'Body blow': Crouch End NatWest bank to close
- 4 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes set for approval by Camden Council – again
- 5 Arsenal complete signing of Norweigan midfielder Frida Maanum
- 6 Source Bulk Foods health store opens in Crouch End
- 7 Historic Archway site set for major housing development after land sale
- 8 'The council thought asking your view is unnecessary'
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 Call for answers after flood 'destroyed parents' love letters and vinyl records'
Residents are currently petitioning for there to be a statue outside his old home in The Grove.