Highgate schoolgirl in running for Trafalgar Square plinth
A HIGHGATE schoolgirl could be the brains behind Trafalgar Square s fourth plinth. Isabel Aram-Walker, aged 10, from Brookfield School in Chester Road, has won a borough-wide competition asking children to make a model for the landmark square. Her polar b
A HIGHGATE schoolgirl could be the brains behind Trafalgar Square's fourth plinth.
Isabel Aram-Walker, aged 10, from Brookfield School in Chester Road, has won a borough-wide competition asking children to make a model for the landmark square.
Her polar bear on a melting iceberg signifies the threat of global warming and has now earned her a place in a City Hall exhibition of the winning entries from each borough.
"I was shocked to have won but excited because I really enjoy doing art," said Isabel. "I wanted to do something on global warming because it keeps getting worse and I wanted people to recognise that and try to do something to help."
You may also want to watch:
Isabel will be at City Hall tomorrow to collect an award for her efforts, before an overall winner is picked.
Inclusion manager at her school Polly Bradford said: "We went to Trafalgar Square and looked at the space before they started work on their ideas. It was nice because they were just exploring - no-one told them what to do or what materials to use so it was a complete experiment. We are very excited that Isabel won in Camden."
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 10 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
Pictured is Isabel with her winning entry.