Highgate schoolchildren win poster competition for carol concert
Three schoolchildren have won a festive competition to design posters to promote an upcoming carol concert in Highgate.
More than 40 posters were submitted by children at St Michael’s Church of England Primary School in North Road, Highgate. But it was the Christmas designs drawn by Natasha, nine, Artyom, 10, and Poppy, 11, that were chosen to advertise the Highgate Choral Society’s annual carol concert.
Members of the school choir will also be performing at the concert, which will be held at St Michael’s Church in South Grove on Saturday, December 7 and starts at 6pm.
The Highgate Choral Society’s musical director, Ronald Corp, presented the three young pupils with music vouchers and a framed copy of their designs after he announced the winners.
He then treated members of the school choir to a choral workshop where the children learned new songs in preparation for their performance at the carol concert.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The children’s designs remind us what Christmas is really all about and the school’s choir makes a wonderful and important contribution to our celebrations on the day.”
Tickets for the Highgate Choral Society’s concert are available on the choir’s website at www.hcschoir.com.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 6 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 7 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 8 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 9 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United