Highgate schoolchildren win poster competition for carol concert
Three schoolchildren have won a festive competition to design posters to promote an upcoming carol concert in Highgate.
More than 40 posters were submitted by children at St Michael’s Church of England Primary School in North Road, Highgate. But it was the Christmas designs drawn by Natasha, nine, Artyom, 10, and Poppy, 11, that were chosen to advertise the Highgate Choral Society’s annual carol concert.
Members of the school choir will also be performing at the concert, which will be held at St Michael’s Church in South Grove on Saturday, December 7 and starts at 6pm.
The Highgate Choral Society’s musical director, Ronald Corp, presented the three young pupils with music vouchers and a framed copy of their designs after he announced the winners.
He then treated members of the school choir to a choral workshop where the children learned new songs in preparation for their performance at the carol concert.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The children’s designs remind us what Christmas is really all about and the school’s choir makes a wonderful and important contribution to our celebrations on the day.”
Tickets for the Highgate Choral Society’s concert are available on the choir’s website at www.hcschoir.com.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council