Highgate schoolchildren win poster competition for carol concert
Three schoolchildren have won a festive competition to design posters to promote an upcoming carol concert in Highgate.
More than 40 posters were submitted by children at St Michael’s Church of England Primary School in North Road, Highgate. But it was the Christmas designs drawn by Natasha, nine, Artyom, 10, and Poppy, 11, that were chosen to advertise the Highgate Choral Society’s annual carol concert.
Members of the school choir will also be performing at the concert, which will be held at St Michael’s Church in South Grove on Saturday, December 7 and starts at 6pm.
The Highgate Choral Society’s musical director, Ronald Corp, presented the three young pupils with music vouchers and a framed copy of their designs after he announced the winners.
He then treated members of the school choir to a choral workshop where the children learned new songs in preparation for their performance at the carol concert.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “The children’s designs remind us what Christmas is really all about and the school’s choir makes a wonderful and important contribution to our celebrations on the day.”
Tickets for the Highgate Choral Society’s concert are available on the choir’s website at www.hcschoir.com.
- 1 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 2 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 5 Mikel Arteta turns focus to new signings after Arsenal let fringe players leave
- 6 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash
- 7 Arsenal legend Nigel Winterburn relieved to see Mesut Ozil depart
- 8 Councillors slam 'outrageous' change of plans for 100 Avenue Road
- 9 Arsenal look to bounce back at home to West Ham
- 10 Affordable housing changes for 100 Avenue Road will test Camden's resolve