Highgate schoolchildren feature in Christmas music video by ‘Perfect’ chart-topper and Fairground Attraction band member Mark Nevin
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of Highgate schoolchildren playing musical instruments feature in a hit songwriter’s music video for his Christmas single.
Mark Nevin, who wrote the chart-topper Perfect while a member of the band Fairground Attraction in the 1980s, has filmed the video for his latest single, Christmas Cake, entirely in Highgate.
The 54-year-old, of Cromwell Avenue, Highgate, was inspired to write his take on a Christmas favourite after seeing a window display at Dunn’s Bakery in Crouch End.
Schoolchildren, most of them from St Michael’s Church of England Primary in North Road, play a variety of musical instruments in St Augustine’s Church, Archway Road.
Two of Mark’s sons, Gabriel, nine, and Stanley, eight, who attend St Michael’s, play guitar and piano in the video.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nevin, who works as a psychotherapist, said: “Highgate has such an unusually Christmas card feel to it.
“For the children involved, I hope they can look back on this one day when they’re older.”
- 1 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 2 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 5 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 6 Locals celebrate as the Carlton Tavern finally re-opens
- 7 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 8 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 9 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 10 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband