Highgate schoolchildren feature in Christmas music video by ‘Perfect’ chart-topper and Fairground Attraction band member Mark Nevin
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of Highgate schoolchildren playing musical instruments feature in a hit songwriter’s music video for his Christmas single.
Mark Nevin, who wrote the chart-topper Perfect while a member of the band Fairground Attraction in the 1980s, has filmed the video for his latest single, Christmas Cake, entirely in Highgate.
The 54-year-old, of Cromwell Avenue, Highgate, was inspired to write his take on a Christmas favourite after seeing a window display at Dunn’s Bakery in Crouch End.
Schoolchildren, most of them from St Michael’s Church of England Primary in North Road, play a variety of musical instruments in St Augustine’s Church, Archway Road.
Two of Mark’s sons, Gabriel, nine, and Stanley, eight, who attend St Michael’s, play guitar and piano in the video.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nevin, who works as a psychotherapist, said: “Highgate has such an unusually Christmas card feel to it.
“For the children involved, I hope they can look back on this one day when they’re older.”
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 4 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 7 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 10 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again