Highgate schoolchildren feature in Christmas music video by ‘Perfect’ chart-topper and Fairground Attraction band member Mark Nevin
- Credit: Archant
Dozens of Highgate schoolchildren playing musical instruments feature in a hit songwriter’s music video for his Christmas single.
Mark Nevin, who wrote the chart-topper Perfect while a member of the band Fairground Attraction in the 1980s, has filmed the video for his latest single, Christmas Cake, entirely in Highgate.
The 54-year-old, of Cromwell Avenue, Highgate, was inspired to write his take on a Christmas favourite after seeing a window display at Dunn’s Bakery in Crouch End.
Schoolchildren, most of them from St Michael’s Church of England Primary in North Road, play a variety of musical instruments in St Augustine’s Church, Archway Road.
Two of Mark’s sons, Gabriel, nine, and Stanley, eight, who attend St Michael’s, play guitar and piano in the video.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Nevin, who works as a psychotherapist, said: “Highgate has such an unusually Christmas card feel to it.
“For the children involved, I hope they can look back on this one day when they’re older.”
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 6 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 7 'Bravery and courage': Fred Barnes plaque unveiled in Maida Vale
- 8 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 9 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
- 10 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'