Highgate School scoops double gong at Times Educational Supplement awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Highgate School has been named Senior School of the Year and Independent School of the Year at a Times Educational Supplement (TES) awards ceremony.
Judges at the event on February 7 were impressed by the school's "academic innovation", its role in co-founding the London Academy of Excellence in Tottenham and "record-breaking" success in public exams.
Projects which drew praise included 'Maths Jam' - where sixth-formers and teachers delivered mini talks - and 'English 21', where staff selected 21 novels for pupils to read during their senior school years to promote a culture of reading.
Headteacher Adam Pettitt said: "It's difficult to imagine how one could be prouder of the school than I am at this moment.
"We have tried to make sure that - while being a place with a sense of community and pride within - we link in to what is outside us."
You may also want to watch:
The judging panel called the school "a safe, happy and exciting place that provides a nurturing environment that encourages academic excellence and personal development".
- 1 Crunch! Eliana and Ariella's granola business success
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 'We've been forgotten': Homeless Muswell Hill family demand action
- 4 ‘I was livid': Outrage as Camden homeless man sprayed with hose
- 5 New Jewish Fringe festival comes to Golders Green
- 6 Mayor of Camden joins West Hampstead Primary School renaming fair
- 7 Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- 8 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 9 West Hampstead community backs Nazanin 2,000 days since imprisonment
- 10 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago