Highgate School scoops double gong at Times Educational Supplement awards ceremony
- Credit: Archant
Highgate School has been named Senior School of the Year and Independent School of the Year at a Times Educational Supplement (TES) awards ceremony.
Judges at the event on February 7 were impressed by the school's "academic innovation", its role in co-founding the London Academy of Excellence in Tottenham and "record-breaking" success in public exams.
Projects which drew praise included 'Maths Jam' - where sixth-formers and teachers delivered mini talks - and 'English 21', where staff selected 21 novels for pupils to read during their senior school years to promote a culture of reading.
Headteacher Adam Pettitt said: "It's difficult to imagine how one could be prouder of the school than I am at this moment.
"We have tried to make sure that - while being a place with a sense of community and pride within - we link in to what is outside us."
You may also want to watch:
The judging panel called the school "a safe, happy and exciting place that provides a nurturing environment that encourages academic excellence and personal development".
- 1 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 2 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 3 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
- 4 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 5 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Camden residents offered symptom-free Covid testing
- 8 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 9 Westminster Council shelves Paddington Rec cycling plans
- 10 Plans for council homes to replace Highgate car wash