Highgate Santa swaps grotto for the dentist’s chair
- Credit: Archant
Prepare to sit back and open your mouth wide at the news that this year Father Christmas is swapping his grotto for the dentist’s chair.
St Nicholas usually stops by historic Lauderdale House in Highgate to hand out presents to well-behaved youngsters.
But the 16th-century mansion has closed for a major £2.3million refurbishment, which began in earnest last week.
To make sure children in Highgate don’t miss out on their chance to tell Santa what they want for Christmas, Lauderdale’s staff are to create a “pop-up” grotto at Highgate Dental Practice in Highgate High Street on December 12 and 13.
John Field, who plays Father Christmas, said: “All they have to remember is that all they want for Christmas is their two front teeth!
You may also want to watch:
“I think it’s going to be a lot of fun and thank goodness we found somewhere to go while Lauderdale is being done up. The grotto has been a huge success over the last few years so it would have been a shame to lose it.”
Unlike Mr Field, pictured, children won’t have to lie back in the dentist’s chair in order to receive gifts from Father Christmas. But they will receive a visit from tooth fairies, who will be assisting Mr Field next weekend.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 UK's first no chicken nugget shop pops up in Camden Town
- 3 Council denies liability for Church Row bollards car damage
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 6 Nursery to open in former Highgate Barclays building
- 7 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 8 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots
- 9 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 10 'More than a shop': Storm in a Teacup in 100 nation-wide small businesses
The temporary grotto is part of the Pop-Up Lauderdale season.