Highgate's Pond Square has become a parking nightmare
The area in and around Pond Square, Highgate, is probably one of the most congested areas of Camden in terms of car parking. This situation has been made far worse by the drivers of the local mini cab office either parking their vehicles in residents park
The area in and around Pond Square, Highgate, is probably one of the most congested areas of Camden in terms of car parking.
This situation has been made far worse by the drivers of the local mini cab office either parking their vehicles in residents parking bays, or parking on double yellow lines which disabled drivers are allowed to park on (when displaying the appropriate documentation).
When we approached the owner of the mini cab office, he showed scant regard for Pond Square residents who are, it has to be said, many of his customers.
However, in response to our letter to The Highgate Society about the problem, Gordon Forbes, their chairman, confirmed in response that: "The Highgate Society is reluctant to cause difficulties for any local trader going about his lawful business, particularly in these economically difficult times."
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps, if Mr Forbes actually lived in Pond Square rather than a third of a mile away with off- street parking, he might take the matter more seriously?
It seems to me that Mr Forbes and the Highgate Society are more interested in petty planning issues rather than addressing matters of real concern to local residents.
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 7 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 8 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 9 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 10 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
JEFFREY S SALMON