Highgate's Pond Square has become a parking nightmare
The area in and around Pond Square, Highgate, is probably one of the most congested areas of Camden in terms of car parking. This situation has been made far worse by the drivers of the local mini cab office either parking their vehicles in residents park
The area in and around Pond Square, Highgate, is probably one of the most congested areas of Camden in terms of car parking.
This situation has been made far worse by the drivers of the local mini cab office either parking their vehicles in residents parking bays, or parking on double yellow lines which disabled drivers are allowed to park on (when displaying the appropriate documentation).
When we approached the owner of the mini cab office, he showed scant regard for Pond Square residents who are, it has to be said, many of his customers.
However, in response to our letter to The Highgate Society about the problem, Gordon Forbes, their chairman, confirmed in response that: "The Highgate Society is reluctant to cause difficulties for any local trader going about his lawful business, particularly in these economically difficult times."
You may also want to watch:
Perhaps, if Mr Forbes actually lived in Pond Square rather than a third of a mile away with off- street parking, he might take the matter more seriously?
It seems to me that Mr Forbes and the Highgate Society are more interested in petty planning issues rather than addressing matters of real concern to local residents.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 8 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 9 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 10 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
JEFFREY S SALMON