Highgate’s independent shops play host to Christmas trail
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers can bag an extra special prize by visiting the 24 participating stores
Christmas shoppers and children are being offered the chance to win prizes in a real live Advent trail in streets throughout Highgate.
It’s a new twist to the traditional Advent calendar picturing a Christmas street as real gifts will be displayed in the windows of the area’s independent shops.
The Christmas Trail has been devised by the Highgate Neighbourhood Forum.
Maggy Meade-King, the Chair of the Forum says: “The Forum is about bringing the community together in all sorts of ways – and that includes having some fun.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Plan stresses the importance of keeping and encouraging local independent shops and businesses, who have to battle against high rents and the power of large chains.
“We are very grateful to all the shops and businesses who have agreed to take part in the Christmas Trail.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 3 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
“It highlights the remarkable variety of independent shops we have in the area and we hope that it will encourage people to discover them across the wide sweep of Highgate covered by our plan.”
A total of 24 shops from the Archway Road to Aylmer Parade and Highgate Village have agreed to take part include food shops and delicatessens, craft shops, clothes, flower shops and even local vets.
Among those offering a gift in their windows are Forgetmenot, Arts and Vintage, Highgate Flowers, Highgate Bookshop and The Village Jeweller.
Participants are invited to fill in the form by listing the gifts on display and the winners will be those with the most correct answers at the end of the month.
The calendar can be downloaded from www.highgateneighbourhoodforum.org.uk or by googling For Highgate.
Completed Entries should then be posted in at The Highgate Society at 10a South Grove in Highgate village.