Highgate’s independent shops play host to Christmas trail
- Credit: Archant
Shoppers can bag an extra special prize by visiting the 24 participating stores
Christmas shoppers and children are being offered the chance to win prizes in a real live Advent trail in streets throughout Highgate.
It’s a new twist to the traditional Advent calendar picturing a Christmas street as real gifts will be displayed in the windows of the area’s independent shops.
The Christmas Trail has been devised by the Highgate Neighbourhood Forum.
Maggy Meade-King, the Chair of the Forum says: “The Forum is about bringing the community together in all sorts of ways – and that includes having some fun.
You may also want to watch:
“Our Plan stresses the importance of keeping and encouraging local independent shops and businesses, who have to battle against high rents and the power of large chains.
“We are very grateful to all the shops and businesses who have agreed to take part in the Christmas Trail.
- 1 All Camden care home residents given Covid jab
- 2 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 3 Apology to Barnet mother for 'embarrassing' food parcel
- 4 'People are scared to come out', say Hampstead coffee shops
- 5 Hampstead vaccination centre shoots for 1,000 daily Covid jabs
- 6 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 7 Arsenal agree to terminate contract of defender Sokratis Papastathopoulos
- 8 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 9 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 10 Maida Vale florist starts weekly subscription to brighten lockdown
“It highlights the remarkable variety of independent shops we have in the area and we hope that it will encourage people to discover them across the wide sweep of Highgate covered by our plan.”
A total of 24 shops from the Archway Road to Aylmer Parade and Highgate Village have agreed to take part include food shops and delicatessens, craft shops, clothes, flower shops and even local vets.
Among those offering a gift in their windows are Forgetmenot, Arts and Vintage, Highgate Flowers, Highgate Bookshop and The Village Jeweller.
Participants are invited to fill in the form by listing the gifts on display and the winners will be those with the most correct answers at the end of the month.
The calendar can be downloaded from www.highgateneighbourhoodforum.org.uk or by googling For Highgate.
Completed Entries should then be posted in at The Highgate Society at 10a South Grove in Highgate village.