Highgate police launch Twitter account
- Credit: Archant
Police in Highgate have launched a Twitter account to keep residents informed of policing news in their area.
Pc John Hounsell will tweet about crime news, prevention advice, public meetings and information from Camden’s Highgate neighbourhood police team from the @MPSHighgate account.
Pc Hounsell aims to gain at least 100 followers by Christmas.
He said: “I want to bring more people into the policing conversation, to make more people aware of what the policing team are actually up to and to have more transparency between the public and the police.”
Pc Hounsell urged residents not to use Twitter as a means of reporting crime.
You may also want to watch:
If you have confidential information to pass to the team, or you wish to report a crime, call 101, 999 or the Highgate team on 0208 721 2699.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta echoes players' support for absent Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- 6 Arsenal face a crucial week as they bid to start pushing on
- 7 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 8 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 9 We must take the vaccine to protect the BAME community
- 10 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike