Highgate police launch Twitter account
- Credit: Archant
Police in Highgate have launched a Twitter account to keep residents informed of policing news in their area.
Pc John Hounsell will tweet about crime news, prevention advice, public meetings and information from Camden’s Highgate neighbourhood police team from the @MPSHighgate account.
Pc Hounsell aims to gain at least 100 followers by Christmas.
He said: “I want to bring more people into the policing conversation, to make more people aware of what the policing team are actually up to and to have more transparency between the public and the police.”
Pc Hounsell urged residents not to use Twitter as a means of reporting crime.
You may also want to watch:
If you have confidential information to pass to the team, or you wish to report a crime, call 101, 999 or the Highgate team on 0208 721 2699.
- 1 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 2 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 3 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 4 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Letters: The floods!
- 9 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps
- 10 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home