Highgate, Muswell Hill and Finsbury Park captured in snowy Christmas cards
- Credit: Archant
These tranquil, snowy scenes look as if they were photographed in the depths of the countryside, rather than in the middle of a capital city.
But in fact, these striking images are all of the treasured Parkland Walk nature reserve, which stretches from Highgate and Muswell Hill to Finsbury Park.
Encapsulating a typical English winter, the photographs will be on the front of Christmas cards produced by the Friends of Parkland Walk group.
It is only the second time the Friends group, which protects the trail, has released its own set of festive cards.
Treasurer Cathy Meeus said: “It’s not so much a money-making scheme because we are selling them at a reasonable price, but more about taking these images to show off the beauty of the Parkland Walk.
You may also want to watch:
“We want to show how precious it is and to celebrate it,” she added.
The images on the front of the cards have been taken by members of the Friends group, including its chairman Simon Olley.
- 1 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 2 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 3 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 4 Obituary: 'Striking and beautiful' north London mother Mary Collins
- 5 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 6 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
- 7 Anorexia was nurtured and nourished by lockdown – and the media
- 8 Crouch End join cricketing and cultural exchange programme
- 9 Hundreds oppose Hampstead Heath dog walker licence scheme
- 10 Jack Ampadu killing: Defendant denies murder charge
They show off both north and south sections of the leafy trail, including the old platforms from when the walkway was a railway line.
The inside of the cards are blank so that they can be used for occasions other than Christmas as well.
The Friends has sold more than 100 packs of the cards so far, which are on sale at £5 for one or two packs of six.
Order online at parkland-walk.org.uk/christmas-cards.html.