Highgate landlord shocked to find his ‘very neat’ flat used as brothel
The landlord of a Highgate flat was shocked to discover that his property was being used as a brothel after neighbours alerted police to a high number of visitors.
A close neighbour had informed police that the two-bedroom flat in Archway Road received a lot of visitors who loitered outside and caused noise late at night.
Officers waited until nightfall earlier this month to pay a visit to the flat, where they found a brothel madam and two sex workers.
The madam kept a logbook of the length of each sex session, which was confiscated by police.
Officers said the property was “in very neat condition” and that it looked like “any other flat”.
The landlord was unaware that his property was being used as a brothel until he was contacted by police. The women have now been evicted.
Sgt Mohammed Uddin, of Highgate’s safer neighbourhood team, said: “He was shocked. He had no idea. He worked cooperatively with officers and he took action straight away.”
- 1 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 2 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 3 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 4 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 5 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 6 Hampstead nursery slams church over impending eviction
- 7 Former Camden Council leader chooses women's safety charity for second mayoral year
- 8 Harry Hill's Tony Blair rock opera premieres at Park Theatre
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
The madam and two sex workers left the property the day after police issued them a notice to stop all brothel activities on May 6. No arrests were made.
Sgt Uddin encouraged residents to contact their safer neighbourhood team or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if they have information about a suspicious activity.