Highgate landlord shocked to find his ‘very neat’ flat used as brothel
The landlord of a Highgate flat was shocked to discover that his property was being used as a brothel after neighbours alerted police to a high number of visitors.
A close neighbour had informed police that the two-bedroom flat in Archway Road received a lot of visitors who loitered outside and caused noise late at night.
Officers waited until nightfall earlier this month to pay a visit to the flat, where they found a brothel madam and two sex workers.
The madam kept a logbook of the length of each sex session, which was confiscated by police.
Officers said the property was “in very neat condition” and that it looked like “any other flat”.
You may also want to watch:
The landlord was unaware that his property was being used as a brothel until he was contacted by police. The women have now been evicted.
Sgt Mohammed Uddin, of Highgate’s safer neighbourhood team, said: “He was shocked. He had no idea. He worked cooperatively with officers and he took action straight away.”
- 1 Burger King launches its first 'dark kitchen' for north London deliveries
- 2 Arrests made after reports of antisemitic abuse in St John's Wood
- 3 Residents bid farewell to Highgate Station’s beloved black cat
- 4 The Magdala returns as pubs and restaurants reopen indoors on May 17
- 5 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 6 Barnet councillor leaves Tory group over 'personal matter'
- 7 Zookeeper's sponsored swim as London Zoo reopens indoor areas
- 8 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 9 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 10 Singing in a choir can 'change the world and boost mental health'
The madam and two sex workers left the property the day after police issued them a notice to stop all brothel activities on May 6. No arrests were made.
Sgt Uddin encouraged residents to contact their safer neighbourhood team or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if they have information about a suspicious activity.