Highgate landlord shocked to find his ‘very neat’ flat used as brothel
The landlord of a Highgate flat was shocked to discover that his property was being used as a brothel after neighbours alerted police to a high number of visitors.
A close neighbour had informed police that the two-bedroom flat in Archway Road received a lot of visitors who loitered outside and caused noise late at night.
Officers waited until nightfall earlier this month to pay a visit to the flat, where they found a brothel madam and two sex workers.
The madam kept a logbook of the length of each sex session, which was confiscated by police.
Officers said the property was “in very neat condition” and that it looked like “any other flat”.
The landlord was unaware that his property was being used as a brothel until he was contacted by police. The women have now been evicted.
Sgt Mohammed Uddin, of Highgate’s safer neighbourhood team, said: “He was shocked. He had no idea. He worked cooperatively with officers and he took action straight away.”
- 1 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 2 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 3 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 4 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 5 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 6 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 7 Villa Bianca brings the Christmas cheer to Hampstead
- 8 Infected Blood Inquiry: Transfusion centre was 'disaster zone'
- 9 Haringey Council makes senior leadership appointments
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet
The madam and two sex workers left the property the day after police issued them a notice to stop all brothel activities on May 6. No arrests were made.
Sgt Uddin encouraged residents to contact their safer neighbourhood team or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 if they have information about a suspicious activity.