Highgate garden to feature on Alan Titchmarsh’s ITV show tonight
- Credit: Archant
A Highgate landscape designer and her garden were featured on Alan Titchmarsh’s TV series after she met the member of “garden royalty”.
Veteran presenter Mr Titchmarsh visited Lucy Willcox’s garden in Claremont Road to use it as an example of how to get the best out of a small space, explaining the simple design techniques she used.
In the episode of Love Your Garden, which will be broadcast on ITV 1 tonight at 8pm, Mr Titchmarsh used Ms Willcox’s garden as inspiration for a project to transform the garden of a family whose 16-year-old son has suffered from anaemia for the last 10 years.
Ms Willcox, 36, said: “Alan Titchmarsh is garden royalty but was one of the nicest people I have ever met.
“I emailed the show through the Society of Garden Designers with some photos and they said my garden was exactly what they were looking for. It all happened very quickly.
“It was an amazing experience and it was great to meet someone like Alan who I had such an affinity with.”
Ms Willcox only started designing gardens six years ago, but her work has already won awards and has been featured in the national press.
- 1 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 4 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 'Someone is responsible for council spending £23m on office block'
- 7 Chance of snow in London this weekend
- 8 Alexandra Palace chief executive to leave in 2022
- 9 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 10 Proposed bus changes could see Hampstead bus route 168 merged