Highgate garden to feature on Alan Titchmarsh’s ITV show tonight
- Credit: Archant
A Highgate landscape designer and her garden were featured on Alan Titchmarsh’s TV series after she met the member of “garden royalty”.
Veteran presenter Mr Titchmarsh visited Lucy Willcox’s garden in Claremont Road to use it as an example of how to get the best out of a small space, explaining the simple design techniques she used.
In the episode of Love Your Garden, which will be broadcast on ITV 1 tonight at 8pm, Mr Titchmarsh used Ms Willcox’s garden as inspiration for a project to transform the garden of a family whose 16-year-old son has suffered from anaemia for the last 10 years.
Ms Willcox, 36, said: “Alan Titchmarsh is garden royalty but was one of the nicest people I have ever met.
“I emailed the show through the Society of Garden Designers with some photos and they said my garden was exactly what they were looking for. It all happened very quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an amazing experience and it was great to meet someone like Alan who I had such an affinity with.”
Ms Willcox only started designing gardens six years ago, but her work has already won awards and has been featured in the national press.
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 3 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 6 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 9 Barnet Council called in bailiffs over non-existent council tax bill
- 10 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council