Highgate garden to feature on Alan Titchmarsh’s ITV show tonight
- Credit: Archant
A Highgate landscape designer and her garden were featured on Alan Titchmarsh’s TV series after she met the member of “garden royalty”.
Veteran presenter Mr Titchmarsh visited Lucy Willcox’s garden in Claremont Road to use it as an example of how to get the best out of a small space, explaining the simple design techniques she used.
In the episode of Love Your Garden, which will be broadcast on ITV 1 tonight at 8pm, Mr Titchmarsh used Ms Willcox’s garden as inspiration for a project to transform the garden of a family whose 16-year-old son has suffered from anaemia for the last 10 years.
Ms Willcox, 36, said: “Alan Titchmarsh is garden royalty but was one of the nicest people I have ever met.
“I emailed the show through the Society of Garden Designers with some photos and they said my garden was exactly what they were looking for. It all happened very quickly.
You may also want to watch:
“It was an amazing experience and it was great to meet someone like Alan who I had such an affinity with.”
Ms Willcox only started designing gardens six years ago, but her work has already won awards and has been featured in the national press.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 3 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actor dies aged 52